Real Estate InsuranceComprehensive real estate insurance to protect the property of your company or housing company.
Residential and commercial buildings are valuable form of property
Comprehensive insurance protects you against risks related to the ownership and management of real estate for which the housing company’s board the company’s executives are liable.
Extensive cover with a single insurance
All our real estate insurance solutions include property cover, owner’s general liability insurance, legal expenses insurance, board’s general liability insurance and rental income loss insurance.
Suitable for all building types
We insure your real estate either for its full value by its cubic volume or up to the agreed sum in euros.
Real estate insurance suitable for all building types
There are many risks involved in owning and managing a building and using it for commercial activities, and as buildings often tie up large amounts of capital, it is worthwhile to ensure that they are properly insured. Real Estate Insurance is suitable for all building types and can be customised flexibly to meet your needs. Whether your building is used for residential, commercial or industrial purposes, we will insure it either for its full value based on cubic volume or up to a desired sum.
If your property suffers a fire or water damage due to leakage, the damages will be reimbursed from your real estate insurance. Real estate insurance is also useful if you become liable for indemnities as the property owner for loss/damage that you have caused to another party. This may happen if an outsider slips and suffers injury on your property.
Real estate insurance covers
- the building
- structures, surface coverings and fittings, the modifications of which are at the same level as the original ones
- HVAC and electrical systems permanently fixed in a building, and the related equipment and machines
- fixed ordinary outside structures, such as open shelters and waste bin shelters and sports equipment stores totalling a maximum of 40 m².
- also equipment for shared use, such as property-maintenance machinery.
What is covered under Real Estate Insurance for companies?
You can insure your real estate against various types of damage, either for its full value, i.e. by cubic content, or up to the agreed sum insured.
Extended real estate insurance and Real estate extended full value insurance cover sudden and unforeseeable losses, such as damage caused by fire, leakage, burglary or storm, and damage caused by hailstorm or heavy rain.
Real estate insurance and Real estate full value insurance only cover losses caused by
- fire, soot and explosion.
- leakage or triggering of fire extinguishing equipment.
- theft or criminal damage to the property caused in connection with a break-in or burglary.
- breakage of a machine or equipment serving the building.
- storm or a stroke of lightning.
- a wild animal.
As a supplementary cover, real estate insurance can include extended insurance for voluntary workers, which covers injuries sustained by persons participating in voluntary work at real estate premises or during related transportation.
Our real estate insurance policies also include general liability and legal expenses insurance
The property owner’s general liability insurance covers bodily injury or material damage caused to outside parties for which your company is liable for indemnification as the property owner. A typical loss case is when a passer-by slips within the housing company's area, thereby suffering a leg injury. If you have neglected your duty to grit the icy ground on the property, you may be held liable for indemnification.
Directors' and Officers' Liability Insurance provides cover for the company’s executives. It covers financial losses incurred by the company, shareholders or other parties for which a lay property manager or board member are held liable under the Limited Liability Housing Companies Act.
Legal Expenses Insurance assists in attorney and legal expenses in various civil and criminal cases related to the ownership, maintenance, management or use of the property.
Which factors affect the price of real estate insurance?
The premium of real estate insurance depends on factors such as the following:
- Is the property insured to its full value or up to an agreed sum?
- Do you select extended real estate insurance or limited insurance that covers only specific losses?
- What is the cubic volume of all buildings on the property? Shelters and ordinary structures smaller than 40 m2 are excluded from total cubic volume.
- What do you wish to select as the amount of deductible?
- For what purpose is the building used?
- Where is the building located and what is its age?
- What renovations have been performed on the building?
- What forms of protection and security solutions are in place for the property?
Contact us and we will find out which insurance package suits you best!
In the op.fi service, you can easily and safely manage all of your company's insurance transactions. The service allows you to, for example
- report a loss and see how your loss report is processed
- print out certificates of insurance
- order a Green Card for company vehicles
How to activate the Internet Service:
- Make a Corporate eServices Agreement and name the administrators.
- Administrators can add other users and their access rights to the service.