Liability insuranceBusiness liability insurance covers your company in case of indemnification liabilities. Request an offer for general liability insurance.
Protection against liability for damages
We will investigate whether your company is liable for indemnification and negotiate with the injured party if necessary. If it is found that your company is liable, we will compensate the damages.
Experts at your service
The insurance allows you to focus on your company’s core operations while we take care of any claims for damages against you.
Suitable liability insurance for your company
Select the general liability insurance cover that best meets the needs of your industry. If necessary, we also offer customised liability insurance for your company’s specific needs.
Why is general liability insurance important for companies?
Situations may arise in your business operations where you are liable to compensate damages incurred by another party. Your company’s indemnification liability may be related to water damage caused by faulty installation or a customer tripping over on an old frayed doormat in your shop.
An indemnification liability will result in unexpected additional expenses for your company. As mistakes and disputes are difficult to foresee, general liability insurance provides essential cover for companies of all sizes.
We will take over management of the situation entirely in losses that are included within the scope of the insurance. We will help you investigate whether your company is liable for indemnification and negotiate with the injured party if necessary. If it is found that your company is liable, we will compensate the damages. If there is no indemnification liability and the matter is taken to court, we will take care of the legal proceedings for you. Investigation and claim settlement services are included in the insurance premium.
How it works
Business liability insurance serves as basic insurance for companies
Your company’s risks and insurance needs depend on your line of business. Whatever your industry, your company needs the basic cover provided by business liability insurance. Business liability insurance is therefore a form of basic corporate insurance suitable for almost any line of business. Depending on your line of business, you may also need additional cover to expand the basic cover offered by business liability insurance.
Business liability insurance covers bodily injury or material damage caused to third parties by your company’s operations. Material damage includes damage to buildings or vehicles, in which cases we will compensate for the costs of repair. As damages for bodily injury, in turn, the insurance may cover medical treatment expenses and loss of income caused by a broken wrist due to slipping. Compensation under general liability insurance is paid according to the Tort Liability Act (412/1974).
- Example: The roof of an industrial hall had not been cleared of snow, and access to the adjacent parking lot was not restricted. Falling snow and ice from the roof caused damage to a customer’s car. We compensated the damage to the customer under the company’s general liability insurance.
- Example: A hairdresser forgot the permanent product in the customer's hair for too long, damaging the customer's scalp. We compensated the damage from the hairdresser's general liability insurance. If the hairstyling result is not to the customer's satisfaction, this is not a personal injury, and no compensation will be made under general liability insurance.
Select the types of liability insurance necessary for your company
- Business liability insurance covers bodily injury or material damage caused to a third party for which your company is liable for compensation.
- Product liability insurance covers bodily injury or material damage caused to a third party by a faulty or defective product, provided that your company is held legally liable.
- Professional indemnity insurance provides cover when a company engaged in planning and consulting finds itself liable to indemnify losses caused by a design error. The indemnification liability may be the result of an error, deficiency or omission in designs, research results and measurement results.
- Financial loss cover is intended for companies whose operations carry the risk of losses that are primarily of a financial nature. These include law firms, accounting and bookkeeping firms, real estate brokers and property management firms.
- Directors' and officers' liability insurance covers financial losses caused by the managing director or board member of the insured company.
- Liability insurance for public bodies is an essential insurance for municipalities and includes business liability insurance, product liability insurance and financial loss cover. The liability insurance covers the municipality’s liability for compensation in losses resulting from error or neglect in municipal services, such as street cleaning, schools and daycare or building regulations supervision.
- Companies are obligated to take out statutory Environmental damage insurance if their business activities carry an intrinsic risk of environmental damage or cause general harm to the environment.
Remember also to insure your company’s real property and vehicles and any statutory insurance, such as workers' compensation insurance for your employees. We will gladly go over your insurance needs with you and help you choose a suitable insurance solution for your company. Leave your contact details using the offer request form below and we’ll calculate the cost of general liability insurance for your company!
Business liability insurance is a form of basic corporate insurance suitable for almost any line of business. It can also include additional covers necessary for your industry and the types of risks involved.
The price of general liability insurance depends on the following factors, among others:
- the company's line of business
- amount of salaries paid
- sum insured and deductible
Ask for a quote to receive more information as well as our offer for general liability insurance!
In the op.fi service, you can easily and safely manage all of your company's insurance transactions. The service allows you to, for example
- report a loss and see how your loss report is processed
- print out certificates of insurance
- order a Green Card for company vehicles
How to activate the Internet Service:
- Make a Corporate eServices Agreement and name the administrators.
- Administrators can add other users and their access rights to the service.
Login to the service with your personal OP user identifiers, Corporate eServices user identifiers or the user identifiers of any other bank.