A Mastercard from OPOP-Mastercard credit card paired with OP-Visa is well suited for unexpected situations and shopping. Together, OP-Mastercard and OP-Visa cover the whole world.
International and reliable
With OP-Mastercard, you can pay for your purchases securely online, at home and abroad. You can also withdraw cash with it around the world.
Always pay directly by credit
OP-Mastercard is not linked to your bank account, that is, it is not a debit card. You are paying by credit also when making contactless payments.
Product Protection Insurance compensates if your purchase breaks down
As an owner-customer, you will get a free of charge 180-day insurance up to 2,000 euros for all your purchases paid with OP-Mastercard.
- Credit feature.
- On average, a 35-day billing period.
- Credit of 2,000–20,000 euros.
- Add K-Plussa to your card
Insurance and security
- You will get a 180-day insurance for your purchases. Product Protection Insurance is automatically included in all owner-customer credit cards.
- Mastercard Identity Check secures your online payments.
2.00 euros per month if you already have one of the OP-Visa product family’s cards as part of the owner-customer’s daily services.
Manage your card’s features on OP-mobile
Manage your card’s spending and withdrawal limits and transfer credit easily into your bank account on OP-mobile.
You can apply for OP-Mastercard if:
you are at least 18 years old
you use OP as your main bank
you have regular income in terms of pay or pension
you have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
you reside permanently in Finland.
How much does the card cost?
- If you have one of the OP-Visa product family’s cards as part of the owner-customer’s daily services, you will get OP-Mastercard for the monthly charge of 2.00 euros.
- Without the daily services, the card costs 4.00 euros per month.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 8.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 16,34% (6/2021) if the customer has no daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 4.00 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,168.80 euros.
Credit facility between 2,000 and 6,000 euros, according to your need and repayment capacity.
An average of 1-month interest-free billing period.
OP-Mastercard is also a secure online payment instrument.
You have four options to choose for your bill's due date: 1st, 8th, 16th, or 24th day of the month.
The contactless payment facility enables you to pay for purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
Monitor your card transactions handily on OP-mobile, at op.fi and on Pivo.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for your OP-Mastercard in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases.
- New limits take effect immediately.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set the spending/withdrawal limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call the telephone service, 010 252 7020. You can also visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Mastercard Identity Check (previously Mastercard SecureCode) is a service that enhances online payment security. When you use your credit, the card company's rules also protect your purchases.
It is based on single-sign-on (SSO) with an SMS without having to log in separately.
If you make a purchase with your Mastercard, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you mobile phone via SMS. Receiving the SMS may take a moment. Enter the OTP in the text message into the network view to confirm the payment. If you enter an incorrect OTP four times in a row, the service will be blocked. In such a case, please contact Mastercard customer service.
If you have not informed your phone number to OP, sign-on will fail. You can check the phone number within the service from the Mastercard Identity Check screen when you make an online purchase.
When you pay for your purchases on the web through the Mastercard Identity Check service, you will go to service window where you accept your purchase in encrypted internet connection using your personal online service user identifiers. This way both the merchant and buyer have been reliably authenticated. You can identify the web shops that use the services with the Mastercard Identity Check logo. The service will cause no extra charges to you.
If you have separately enabled the Mastercard Identity Check at op.fi, signing on will work through the TUPAS authentication service when making web purchases with Mastercard.
If you experience any problems, please call OP Customer service at 010 252 7020 or from outside Finland +358 10 252 7020 (Mon.–Fri. 9 am–4.30 pm)
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from land-line phones in Finland (VAT included).
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from mobile subscriptions (VAT included).
With Pivo, you can easily pay your friend, online and at store checkouts. You will also see where your money goes. Winner of several awards, Pivo is our customers’ favourite.
Product Protection Insurance will automatically be included in OP owner-customers’ OP-Mastercard. Product Protection Insurance is a free-of-charge policy for owner-customers, valid for credit and debit transactions for 180 days from the date of purchase.
Product Protection Insurance covers, for example, the repair costs of a broken device or the purchase of a new one. The coverable device must be new and bought for private use. The deductible is 75 euros. Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.