OP-Visa PlatinumIt’s time to enjoy life. OP-Visa Platinum helps you focus on what is essential. Save time and money. Travel and pay without worries.
Free-of-charge access to airports’ VIP lounges
Priority Pass gives you access to VIP lounges in hundreds of airports without any additional charges.
Travel Cancellation Cover
If your trip that you paid with OP-Visa Platinum is cancelled, you will be refunded 75 per cent of the trip price.
A free-of-charge Concierge service will help arrange things for you. You can call the assistant and ask him/her to book a hotel room, arrange a flower delivery or order tickets for a concert.
Avoid expensive insurance policies provided by car rental companies
OP-Visa Platinum includes a rental car excess reduction of up to 2,000 euros during your travels.
Unique benefits and the best services
- Priority Pass gives you access to VIP lounges in hundreds of airports.
- The Concierge service arranges things for you. A personal assistant will find you restaurants and order tickets for, say, a theatre without queuing.
- With Hole-in-One insurance, you can celebrate a dream swing with fellow players.
- When you pay for your trip abroad and for the services related to it with OP-Visa Platinum’s credit facility, you'll get a 75% compensation for your travel expenses and travel-related services if the trip is cancelled.
Comprehensive insurance package
- The comprehensive Pohjola Insurance travel insurance provides protection for your holiday trip.
- When you pay with the card, you will get a 180-day insurance for your purchases.
- Rent a car abroad without any expensive supplementary insurance. Rental Car Insurance will remove excess up to 2,000 euros.
- Identity Theft Protection will help you in the event of identity theft.
- The service enables you to get, for example, cash in an emergency.
- As owner-customer, you will get bonuses through purchases paid for using the card’s credit facility and through the available card-based credit.
- Includes credit and debit facilities.
- You can pay contactless for your purchases up to 50 euros.
An OP-Visa Platinum card costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card.
Manage your card’s features on OP-mobile
Adjust your card’s spending/withdrawal limits and credit repayment instalments and increase your credit limit easily on OP-mobile.
OP-Visa Platinum card features
- OP-Visa Platinum have credit and debit payment options.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- Repayment method: equal monthly repayments, amount selected by customer. Minimum repayment accounts for 2% of credit limit.
- The due date can be the 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- Interest on the card’s credit facility is a 3-month Euribor + 7,0%
- The effective interest rate for the credit facility of 5,000 euros in use is 32.55% (July/2019) in case the monthly payment is 50 euros and the billing charge is 3.50 euros. The estimated total amount payable is 5,805.00 euros. This calculation is based on the assumption that the credit period is 12 months and the credit will be repaid monthly in 12 equal instalments.
- The credit is extended by OP Card Company Plc.
Using your OP-Visa Platinum
- OP-Visa Platinum is accepted by over 29 million merchants throughout the world.
- You can withdraw cash and pay bills using your bank account (Visa Debit) and your Visa account (Visa Credit).
- Purchases made using the card as a debit card will be debited to your account within a few days, and you will enjoy an interest-free billing period for purchases made using the card as a credit card, after which you can use the card’s credit facility.
- OP-Visa Platinum is a secure way of making online payments or other distance purchases. The Verified by Visa online payments service is automatically incorporated into the card.
- You can also incorporate the Pivo mobile wallet into your card, in which case it is easier to monitor card transactions and it is possible to make payments to other users and receive payments from other users based only on a phone number.
- An OP-Visa Platinum card costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14.15% (1/2020). This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,146.75 euros.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
OP-Visa Platinum telephone service helps you with any questions relating to your card.
OP-Visa Platinum card’s own
telephone service, Mon–Sun 24/7
0100 0510 (24h)
Our service email addresses are:
Identity theft protection
PriorityPass and Concierge service
SuperEuro Travel Insurance includes both insurance of the person and luggage insurance. In addition to you, those insured are members of your family aged under 18. You do not have to pay for your trip with the card for the insurance policies to be valid.
Travel insurance is valid for journey of a maximum of 45 days during your leisure time everywhere in the world. In Finland, travel insurance is valid on journeys with a straight-line distance of over 50 kilometres from the home, place of work or study or holiday home of the insured. The insurance cover is not, however, valid at the above locations or on journeys between them.
Pohjola Insurance's unparalleled network of foreign services is available to you, whose offices pay compensation directly on the spot, help choosing doctors and hospitals and acquiring offence documents and records of an investigation. Pohjola Insurance's own claims experts answer emergency calls 24/7. When you are travelling abroad, Pohjola Insurance's 24-h Travel Emergency Service +358 10 253 0011 will help you to find a reliable doctor or hospital, give you personal assistance if you fall ill or have an accident, provide you with a payment commitment for hospital treatment, surgery or other procedure and help you get in touch with a doctor with whom you can discuss, for example, treatment that has been suggested to you. When making a claim, please inform the insurance company the travel insurance number 16-634-291-2.
Forget crowded airport concourses – enjoy the peace and privacy of a VIP lounge. Priority Pass card coming with OP-Visa Platinum entitles you and one person accompanied by you to use the VIP lounge in hundreds of airports. You can use a range of services in a VIP lounges and it is a place to relax. You can also see flight information on the display screens in the lounge.
Enjoy the privacy provided by Priority Pass in more than 1,000 VIP lounges in over 130 countries and 500 cities around the world. When you visit a VIP lounge, you are expected to show your Priority Pass.
OP-Visa Platinum service serves you in Priority Pass matters, tel. 0100 0510. Lounges can be found at www.prioritypass.com.
A Product Protection Insurance will automatically be included in OP owner-customers’ OP-Visa Platinum card. It is a more comprehensive, free-of-charge policy for owner-customers because it covers not only credit transactions but also debit transactions for 180 days of the date of purchase. Product Protection Insurance covers the repair costs of a broken device or the purchase of a new one.
The coverable device must be new and bought for private use. The deductible is 75 euros.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.
Concierge service is there for you help, for example, in planning your trip, booking a hotel room, arranging flower deliveries or ordering tickets for various events. It also helps you in booking a table. Concierge service can show you, say, the nearest golf course wherever in the world you are. This is how you can enjoy your journey without worries about routine arrangements.
Concierge service is free of charge but tickets, flowers, guidance and other services you have ordered will be debited from your OP-Visa Platinum.
More information about the OP-Visa Platinum service, 0100 0510
Did you succeed in making a hole-in-one? The insurance covers the “costs” of champagne that you offer to your co-players after you have made a hole-in-one in the same course.
More information about the OP-Visa Platinum service, 0100 0510.
The OP-Visa Platinum card comes with two key chains equipped with a personal number. The person who has found the keys is asked to drop them in the nearest post box. The keys will be delivered the keys to you as registered mail.
If the key chains have been damaged, you can get once a year a new one free of charge by calling the OP-Visa Platinum service, tel. 0100 0510. More information can also be found on the website of OP-Visa Platinum customers.
Becoming a victim of identity theft is unpleasant, time-consuming and can lead to financial losses. OP Visa Platinum now offers you an identity theft protection service. You will get year-round personal service, 24 hours a day. Experienced agents are there for you when you need help. You will get instructions on how to diminish the risk of becoming a victim of fraud and, in case you have become a victim, you will get help in clearing up the situation and limiting the implications.
Identity theft means that an unauthorised person uses your personal details to commit fraud or other criminal acts, without your permission. This can happen to anyone and anytime. It is quite usual that the fraudster raises loans, buys mobile phone subscriptions, orders items or applies for the registration of title to your property. The fraudster will keep everything that is valuable, and you will be left alone with the obligations and demands for payment.
Identity theft protection helps you take preventive action and clear up the situation in case a fraud has occurred, and to restrict the implications if you have become a victim, for example by the following means:
- By rejecting unfounded demands for payment
- By cancelling the subscriptions ordered
- By deleting payment reminders
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for OP-Visa Platinum in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases. Set the limits both on the credit and debit side.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need to.
- Please note that in addition to your card’s spending/withdrawal limit, your account too may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments.
- You can set the limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service, tel. 010 253 1333 or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
As an owner-customer, you will earn OP bonuses for example from
- savings and investments
- purchases made using the credit side of OP-Visa Platinum, card-based credit available and
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is granted by OP Card Company Plc.