OP-Finland Micro Cap BGood return potential from Finnish micro-cap companies
Invest easily in less followed Finnish micro caps
OP-Finland Micro Cap Fund (non-UCITS) provides an effective way to invest in a diversified manner in carefully selected Finnish micro-cap companies.
You can invest also in companies intending to go public
The fund searches actively for companies planning IPOs too, enabling private investors to invest also in this otherwise somewhat inaccessible segment.
Major growth potential lies behind micro caps
Many micro-cap companies offer good sales and earnings growth potential, which has not yet been priced in the market.
Controlled and diversified investment
OP-Finland Micro Cap non-UCITS B fund invests in select micro caps listed in the Finnish equity market. We are actively searching for companies planning IPOs too, enabling private investors to also invest in this otherwise somewhat inaccessible segment.
Many micro-cap companies offer good net sales and earnings growth potential, which has not yet been priced on the markets. Using their good local knowledge, OP’s experts can find big gainers among these companies.
The fund enables you to invest in Finnish micro caps in a controlled and diversified way. You can see the biggest investees in the fund's monthly report found in Documents and additional information at the bottom of this page.
Patience will be rewarded
Investing in micro-cap companies calls for patience. They might show more volatile performance than large-cap companies and realisation of return potential may sometimes take a long time. Research suggests, however, that patience will be rewarded in the form of above-average returns from micro cap companies.
OP-Finland Micro Cap B is suitable for investors who seek high returns in the long term from less-followed Finnish micro-cap companies and tolerate high price swings. We mainly recommend the fund to investors who intend to redeem their units after seven years at the earliest.
|Subscription fee||Annual management fee||Redemption fee|
|0,75 %||1,20 %||0,75 %|
For the fund, we will charge a performance-based fee, which is up to twenty (20) per cent of the return exceeding the OMX Helsinki Small Cap Total Return Index.
The fund's official value is calculated four times a year. The unofficial value may be calculated more frequently. The fund units generate OP bonuses for private customers who are also our owner-customers.
OP-Finland Micro Cap Fund a non-UCITS fund which invests its assets mainly in the equities of listed companies in the Finnish equity market whose market capitalisation is less than 500 million euros. A maximum of 20 per cent of the Fund's value may also be invested in unlisted equities.
The Fund may invest a maximum of 25 per cent of its assets in European companies.
The Fund diversifies its investments in equities of various companies whose market capitalisation on the date of investment is less than 200 million euros.
The Fund's investments are mainly based on direct equity investments and direct fixed-income investments, but investments may also be made in funds that invest in unlisted companies, as well as in portfolio companies’ bonds to replace direct equity investments.
The size of investments in unlisted companies depends on the Fund’s size and liquidity. The target weight for unlisted investments is 10–15%.
The Fund typically invests in equities of 30–50 companies but this number may vary depending on the portfolio manager’s view.
The Fund may use derivative instruments in order to hedge against adverse market movements, to replace direct investments and to otherwise promote effective portfolio management.
The Fund's benchmark index is OMX Helsinki Small Cap Total Return Index (EUR). With active investing, the Fund seeks to outperform its benchmark index in the long term. The Fund mainly takes high active risk and may differ very significantly from the composition, weights and risk level of the benchmark index.
- Fund manager
- Antti Karessuo, Teemu Salonen
- Benchmark index
- OMX Helsinki Small Cap
- Start date
- fund serie
- Income unit
- Fund size
- 40 Meur
- Serie value (26.10.)
- 130,10 EUR
- Monthly review
Accumulated profit (23.10)
|1mth||3mth||6mth||1 y||3 y p.a.||5 y p.a.|
|OP-Finland Micro Cap B||+4,69 %||+14,92 %||+32,61 %||+36,82 %||-||-|
|Benchmark||+5,81 %||+14,24 %||+33,76 %||+26,79 %||-||-|
|OP-Finland Micro Cap B||-||-||-||-16,26 %||+45,16 %||+14,33 %|
|Benchmark||-||-||-||-13,37 %||+43,02 %||+12,23 %|
|Volatility 12 m||vola 12m||Sharpe 12 m||Duration|
|OP-Finland Micro Cap B||22,39 %||1,67||-|
- As an owner-customer you can sell, buy and trade nearly all our mutual funds (savers’ funds, socially responsible funds, and equity and bond funds) without fees.
- As an owner-customer, you can also invest in funds by saving through insurance. OP Unit-linked Insurance and OP Savings Agreement are insurance savings products intended for owner-customers that offer an effortless and flexible means for long-term saving. Switching between investment instruments and transferring funds to insurance savings is free of charge.
- Owner-customers have automatic access to the second fee level on the stock brokerage fee list, in which the brokerage fee is 0.17% (min. 7 euros), while the fee at the first fee level is 0.2% (min. 9 euros).
In addition to OP bonuses earned through saving and investment, owner-customer earn bonuses from
- funds in accounts
- purchases you have paid with the OP-Visa credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
OP Fund Management Company Ltd manages OP mutual funds.