Product Protection InsuranceFree insurance for owner-customers on goods purchased with an OP credit card
Free 180-day insurance for your purchases
The insurance is valid automatically when paying with an OP credit card using either the credit or debit function.
Protection against theft, mishaps and damaged products
Your card purchases are insured against damage or theft for six months from the moment of purchase.
The insurance also covers purchases made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance insures your card purchases everywhere, whether in Finland, abroad or online.
Product Protection Insurance protects your card purchases from mishaps
Accidents happen to all of us from time to time, from dropping a phone on the floor to spilling coffee on a laptop. Fortunately, Product Protection Insurance protects credit and debit purchases made with an owner-customer credit card against mishaps for six months.
The insurance is also valid for joint cards when the principal cardholder is an owner-customer.
The insurance cannot be bought separately.
Covers your purchases abroad and online
Product Protection Insurance covers your purchases paid with credit and debit facilities in Finland, abroad and in online stores. The insurance covers purchases that conform to the terms and conditions for 180 days from the time when the card-holder acquires the item.
Product Protection Insurance may provide cover, for example, if your brand-new spectacles get broken, your new tablet falls to the floor or ground and gets broken or the screen of your mobile phone is damaged.
The deductible is 75 euros, and the maximum compensation for each item is 2,000 euros.
In the event of loss or damage, file a loss report
If the product is defective, contact the seller. If the product breaks down for any other reason, file for compensation from Product Protection Insurance.
File a loss report in OP-mobile or op.fi. You can also report the loss by calling our Claims Settlement service line.
Ensure that your credit card corresponds to your life situation – increase your credit limit free of charge
Increase your credit limit easily and free of charge on op.fi or OP-mobile. You can also change your minimum monthly payment and due date free of charge on op.fi.
Insurance benefit for owner-customers
By becoming our owner-customer you are entitled, in addition to the Product Protection Insurance, to, for example, daily banking services at a lower cost and you earn value-for-money OP bonuses which offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds at no charge.
Which credit cards include Product Protection Insurance?
The insurance is included in both principal and joint cards if the principal cardholder is an OP cooperative bank owner-customer.
Does Product Protection Insurance include a deductible?
When is the insurance valid and what does it cover?
It covers products purchased for personal use, including home electronics such as a TV, computer, camera, mobile phone, appliances and hobby equipment.
- foodstuff and other perishables
- jewellery, gemstones and clothes
- live animals or plants
- motor vehicles, their parts, equipment and accessories
- cash, foreign currency, traveller's cheques, travel tickets and securities.
The insurance does not cover loss or damage:
- in which the exact time, circumstances and place cannot be determined
- caused by the object disappearing or being left behind
- caused to an object by breakage resulting from a defect in it or its incorrect use
- caused by wear and tear, scratching, chafing, corrosion or other comparable gradual phenomenon
- which are indemnified under a specific law, guarantee or other agreement
- caused to sports equipment during use for its intended purpose, except where the damage is caused by the negligence of a third party
- caused by a pet through chewing, tearing or scratching, or loss or damage caused by a pet's secretions
- caused to IT equipment, when the loss or damage is due to malfunction, faultiness or non-performance of data or software.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd. The cards are granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.