Product Protection InsuranceFree insurance for OP cooperative bank owner-customers for products purchased with an OP credit card
Free insurance for your purchases
The insurance is valid automatically when paying with an OP credit card using either the credit or debit function.
Protection against theft, mishaps and damaged products
Your card purchases are insured against damage and theft for 180 or 365 days.
The insurance also covers purchases made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance insures your card purchases everywhere, whether in Finland, abroad or online.
Product Protection Insurance insures owner-customers’ card purchases
Accidents happen to all of us from time to time, from dropping a phone on the floor to spilling coffee on a laptop. Luckily, there’s Product Protection Insurance. It insures purchases made by owner-customers with an OP credit card’s credit or debit feature for six months or one year, depending on your type of card.
Product Protection Insurance is free of charge and included in all owner-customers’ OP Classic, OP Gold, OP Platinum and OP Duo cards.
The insurance is valid in all card purchases
Product Protection Insurance is always valid when you pay your purchase using the credit or debit feature of OP’s credit cards. In other words, you won’t need to buy separate insurance for new items such as phones.
Product Protection Insurance is also valid for purchases made abroad and in online stores.
The deductible in Product Protection Insurance is only 75 euros, which is less than traditional home insurance. Individual purchases are compensated for up to 2,000 euros.
The insurance is also valid for joint cards when the principal cardholder is an owner-customer.
The insurance cannot be bought separately.
Product Protection Insurance is valid for 180 or 365 days, depending on your card
The insurance protects purchases for 180 or 365 days from the time when the cardholder received the product. The validity of Product Protection Insurance depends on your card:
- In OP Classic Product Protection Insurance is valid for 180 days.
- In OP Gold, OP Platinum and OP Duo Product Protection Insurance is valid for 365 days.
In the event of loss or damage, file a loss report.
If the product is defective, contact the seller. If the product breaks down for any other reason, file for compensation from Product Protection Insurance.
File a loss report on OP-mobile or op.fi. You can also report the loss by calling our Claims Settlement service line.
Ensure that your credit card corresponds to your life situation – increase your credit limit free of charge
Increase your credit limit easily and free of charge on OP-mobile.
Insurance benefit for owner-customers
In addition to Product Protection Insurance, by becoming an owner-customer you will gain benefits such as lower-cost daily banking services, and can earn OP bonuses used to offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds at no charge.
Which credit cards include Product Protection Insurance?
The insurance is included in both principal and joint cards if the principal cardholder is an OP cooperative bank owner-customer.
Does Product Protection Insurance include a deductible?
When is the insurance valid and what does it cover?
It covers products purchased for personal use, including home electronics such as a TV, computer, camera, mobile phone, appliances and hobby equipment.
- foodstuff and other perishables
- jewellery, gemstones and clothes
- live animals or plants
- motor vehicles, their parts, equipment and accessories
- cash, foreign currency, traveller's cheques, travel tickets and securities.
The insurance does not cover loss or damage:
- in which the exact time, circumstances and place cannot be determined
- caused by the object disappearing or being left behind
- caused to an object by breakage resulting from a defect in it or its incorrect use
- caused by wear and tear, scratching, chafing, corrosion or other comparable gradual phenomenon
- which are indemnified under a specific law, guarantee or other agreement
- caused to sports equipment during use for its intended purpose, except where the damage is caused by the negligence of a third party
- caused by a pet through chewing, tearing or scratching, or loss or damage caused by a pet's secretions
- caused to IT equipment, when the loss or damage is due to malfunction, faultiness or non-performance of data or software.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd. The cards are granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.