Home insurance

Home insurance protects your home and home contents. Home insurance protects your home structures, parts of a flat, and movable property in case of, for example, water damage or fire. Pohjola Insurance’s home insurance is suited for all kinds of homes. Choose a home insurance coverage and deductible that best meets your needs and mode of living. Choose your home type below, read more about home insurance, calculate price and buy easily online. You can also learn more about valuables insurance and home insurance for buy-to-let homes.


Learn more about Pohjola Insurance's home insurance products

Separate house
Lessor’s insurance
Terraced house
Semi-detached house
Insurance for stored property
Detached house
Holiday home
Valuables Insurance

What does home insurance cover?

Home insurance covers losses and damage to the home and movable property. The insurance helps if you have an accident at home, such as a fire or leak caused by a broken pipe. You can extend the insurance to cover your home contents, whether a phone, computer, TV or a pair of glasses, against losses and damage such as breaking or theft.

How much does home insurance cost?

The price of home insurance is determined by your home, your own details, and the coverage and deductibles you choose. Go to our webshop and give the necessary details, and we will recommend a policy to you, and quote a price. After that, you can still tailor the details to meet your exact needs before buying the policy online.

Looking for affordable home insurance? Keep in mind that the cheapest home insurance policy may not offer the cover you need in the event of a loss and could leave you worse off. We recommend that you pick and choose a custom home insurance policy that is genuinely affordable and helpful also in the event of a loss. In this way, your home is protected by truly affordable home insurance.

We recommend that you compare home insurance policies at regular intervals

Home insurance is often one of your most important insurance policies and therefore we recommend that you ensure sufficient coverage from time to time. When comparing home insurance policies and looking for the best option for your needs, however, it is also good to take into account other factors than just the price.

These include the coverage included, maximum compensation and deductibles and services that complement coverage of your home. For example, if you compare home insurance policies to your future flat, you should ensure that the maximum compensation is sufficient both in terms of fixtures and movable property.

Once you have all the details of your home, you can compare insurance prices depending on the coverage and maximum amounts of compensation easily in our webshop. You can also select a deductible that suits the level of risk you are willing to take. When comparing home insurance policies, you should also examine carefully the benefits offered to you – especially if you want to compare prices.

Did you know that as an OP cooperative bank owner-customer you will receive a deductible benefit of up to 250 euros and you may not have to pay any deductible at all? The deductible benefit concerns fire, natural phenomenon and crime losses in which the amount of loss exceeds the deductible you have chosen.

A word about terminology: Pohjola Insurance’s MyHome Insurance and Extrasure

Pohjola Insurance’s home insurance is called MyHome Insurance. The insurance name is the same whether you insure a flat, terraced house, semi-detached house, detached house, summer cottage or a villa. When you insure your home with Pohjola Insurance, the contract is an Extrasure contract. Extrasure contains all your policies to do with living, health and property, while Vehicle Cover contains all insurance policies for vehicles.

Comprehensive or basic home insurance?

You can conveniently choose the home insurance policy with the coverage you want in our webshop. You can also adjust the deductible and maximum amounts of compensation to be just right for you and your home. We recommend taking out a home insurance policy that is as extensive as possible, in order to get the best protection against unpleasant surprises.

Cover for home contents

Home contents insurance protects your home’s movable property against accidents. The insurance covers movable property such as furniture, clothes, cookware and tableware, consumer electronics such as phones and TVs, hobby and sports gear, and various valuables up to the selected maximum compensation. When considering a suitable upper limit of compensation, it is good to keep in mind that as a rule, home contents include all property that you take with you when moving homes. For this reason, it is worth considering how much it would cost you right now to replace all your belongings and set the maximum compensation accordingly, taking into account the age reductions with regard to the insurance concerned.

When calculating the premium for your home insurance, we recommend a home contents insurance policy with a per-loss maximum compensation based on your net floor area. If your movable property is more valuable than on average, or includes valuables such as expensive jewellery or artworks, you may need a higher amount of maximum compensation.

Fixed household appliances and electronics covered under home insurance

Home insurance protects fixed appliances, such as dishwashers and refrigerators. In addition to your belongings, be sure to also insure the fixed parts of your flat or house. If a household appliance is broken, you can apply for compensation under your home insurance to repair it or to buy a new one. When you insure your home contents, it also covers your mobile phone, tablet or laptop against breakage, getting wet or being stolen. Please note that home insurance coverage depends on what coverage you have chosen for the flat, building and movable property.

Home Insurance and Equipment Breakage Cover

Equipment Breakage Cover offers cover against sudden breakdown of equipment. Equipment Breakage Cover covers broken machinery, equipment, pipes or wires when the primary cause of the breakage is a sudden and unforeseeable electric phenomenon or a mechanical reason.

Home insurance during construction or renovation

When building or renovating your home for your private use, you can insure the building using the same coverage as if the job was already completed. Please note that when building or renovating, your deductible is always at least 1,000 euros in all losses. If you are building or renovating using voluntary work, remember also to insure the voluntary workers. The insurance covers voluntary workers both during such work and on journeys directly to and from the place of work.

Home insurance also covering luggage?

Did you know that our home insurance sometimes also covers your luggage?  When you travel in Finland or within the other Nordic countries, MyHome Insurance covers your luggage for up to EUR 5,000 if you choose a deductible of at least EUR 150.

But do remember to buy separate luggage insurance if you travel outside the Nordic countries or if you take along anything more valuable. Luggage insurance is good also because you can buy it without a deductible.

Pohjola Claim Help will assist you with home losses

Look in Pohjola Claim Help for instructions for various home losses. Pohjola Claim Help will also list any Pohjola Insurance repair shop partners that can assist you, and give instructions for filing a claim. Pohjola Claim Help serves our customers 24/7.

Did you know that as a Pohjola Insurance customer, you do not necessarily have a file a claim every time, as many repair and loss matters can be processed directly by our partners?