Owner-customer and benefitsOwner-customer’s benefits and discounts on banking and insurance services
Owner-customers trade in ETFs free of charge
Exchange traded funds (ETFs) are an easy and effective way to diversify your investments into international markets. In 2020, OP’s owner-customers can trade in ETFs free of charge. You can buy and sell ETFs listed at op.fi. The offer is valid until the end of the year.
Your benefits and discounts as an owner-customer
- daily banking and loan services
You save on daily banking services when buying by OP credit or debit card, and your purchases are insured with a free Product Protection Insurance.
- saving and investment services
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you are entitled to value-for-money benefits from saving and investmen.
- insurance services
You get a 45% increase on the sum insured of life insurance and many other personal benefits.
- real estate agency services
You get a discount of 250 euros on real estate commissions at OP Koti (does not apply to minimum or leasing commissions).
Learn more about OP Koti
- benefits offered by our partners
You get access to a wide range of benefits by OP’s partners, available handily on OP-mobile.
For the full list of owner-customer benefits and discounts on banking and insurance services, see the bottom of this page.
Get started with benefits instantly by becoming an owner-customer
- You can become an OP cooperative bank’s owner-customer by paying a member cooperative contribution which is 100 euros in most banks. There are no other membership fees. If you ever decide to stop being an owner-customer, your member contribution will be refunded to you. If you are an OP cooperative bank’s customer and have OP’s user ID, you can easily check your owner-customer membership by logging into the op.fi service. If you are not yet an OP cooperative bank’s customer and you have another bank’s user identifiers, you can become a customer without visiting a branch easily online.
- Benefits and discounts offered by OP cooperative banks on banking and insurance services are used by 2 million owner-customers each year.
- OP Financial Group cooperative banks pay out some 250 million euros in bonuses each year to their owner-customers.
- You get OP eServices, a current account and OP-Visa for €3.95 per month (normal price €7.95).
- If you are under 26 years old, you get our daily banking services and OP-Visa, OP-Visa Debit or OP-Visa Electron for free.
- For all purchases you pay by debit or credit, you get free Product Protection Insurance. It insures your card purchases in Finland, abroad and in webshops, for six months.
- When you take a home loan, you can get a long-term fixed interest rate for your loan when you’re OP’s owner-customer.
- For students, we provide a student loan without an origination fee.
- Subscription, switching and redemption fees of nearly all funds are free of charge for our owner-customers.
- In 2020, OP's owner-customers can trade ETFs free of charge. Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are an easy and effective way to diversify your investments to international markets.
- There is a 1% fee ceiling for owner-customers on equity trades via the op.fi service.
As an owner-customer, you’ll also get an extra 3% discount on most insurance policies and a deductible benefit of up to €250 for MyHome Insurance, for fire damage, natural phenomenon loss or crime.
Real estate agency service benefits for owner-customers
As OP’s owner-customer, you get a discount of 250 on negotiated real estate sales commissions (VAT included), excluding minimum commissions. Earned OP bonuses are used to pay commissions.
- Log into OP-mobile or download OP-mobile for your phone from the iOS or Android app store. Activate the app with your OP eServices user identifiers.
- On OP-mobile, go to the Other section, select Owner benefits and then select Benefits and events. In this section, you’ll find a wide range of partner benefits.