OP-ConservativeReasonable yield without losing your sleep over it
A fund for risk-averse investors
OP-Conservative is ideal for an investor seeking reasonable yield but who is not asking for any additional risks in their life.
Avoid market swings
The fund mainly invests in the fixed-income market, meaning that the fund's volatility is low.
Take advantage of owner-customer benefits
As our owner-customer, you can buy, sell and switch OP-Conservative fund units at no charge.
Investing in mutual funds can be carefree
A conservative approach means that the portfolio's contents are carefully balanced and hedged against market fluctuations. As a rule of thumb, the more a fund has fixed-income investments, the steadier is its performance. OP-Conservative is a balanced fund that invests mainly in the world’s fixed-income markets and also in equity markets. The fund makes investments mainly through other mutual funds. In the basic allocation, the fund's investments are spread widely across advanced and emerging markets.
A fund for conservative investors
OP-Conservative is a fund for an investor seeking reasonable yield for their money but who is not asking for any additional risks in their life. When putting your money into OP-Conservative, you can trust that professionals constantly follow market movements and take all the measures needed to let you focus on other things. The portfolio manager ensures that the assets are always invested sensibly according to market conditions. You can start investing even with a small amount. This fund is not recommended to an investor who intends to redeem his/her units during the first two years. The fund is suitable, for example, for someone planning to go on a holiday trip or buy furniture.
|Subscription fee||Annual management fee||Redemption fee|
|0,00 %||0,95 %||0,50 %|
No subscription fee will be charged for fund subscriptions. Fund units generate OP bonuses.
OP-Conservative Fund is a balanced fund investing its assets primarily in global fixed-income markets and partly in the global equity markets. In the base scenario, the fund invests 80% of its assets in the fixed-income markets and 20% in the equity markets. The proportion of fixed-income investments may range between 70–100% and equity investments between 0–30 %.
The fund’s investments are primarily made through other funds.The fund may use derivatives instruments in its investment activities to hedge against market fluctuations, to replace direct investments and to otherwise promote efficient portfolio management. Primarily derivatives are used in equity and interest-rate risk management.
The Fund diversifies its investments on a broad basis among various companies and bonds, since the investments are mainly implemented using funds.
The Fund’s benchmark index is a combination of several indexes. The composition of the benchmark index is described in the fund prospectus. With active investing, the Fund seeks to outperform its benchmark index in the long term. The Fund mainly takes notable active risk and it may differ significantly from the composition, weights and risk level of the benchmark index.
The fund makes investments mainly through other mutual funds. The fixed-income focus is on funds mainly investing in fixed-income instruments issued by public-sector entities and companies with a good credit rating. The fund's fixed-income investments are made in Europe and outside Europe, including in emerging markets.
- Fund manager
- Harri Kojonen
- Benchmark index
- Composite benchmark, see the fund Prospectus for details.
- Start date
- fund serie
- Accumulation unit
- Fund size
- 701 Meur
- Serie value (03.10.)
- 123,50 EUR
- Monthly review
Accumulated profit (30.09)
|1mth||3mth||6mth||1 y||3 y p.a.||5 y p.a.|
|OP-Conservative A||−4,84 %||−2,17 %||−9,52 %||−12,90 %||−2,86 %||−1,19 %|
|OP-Conservative A||+0,24 %||−5,55 %||+8,71 %||+2,01 %||+3,66 %||−13,21 %|
|Volatility 12 m||vola 12m||Sharpe 12 m||Duration|
|OP-Conservative A||5,84 %||-2,41||-|
Owner-customer benefits as of 1 January 2021
- Book-entry account and custody €0: Custody of Finnish and foreign shares and ETFs without monthly charges.
- Buy and sell fund units €0: Buy, sell and switch nearly all of our funds without costs and earn OP bonuses by investing in mutual funds.*
- Benefits from equity trading:
- A 1% brokerage fee cap on Finnish and Swedish shares and securities – shares, warrants and ETFs.
- Brokerage fee 0.05–0.17, i.e. the more you trade, the lower your trading costs. The benefits mentioned above are available on OP-mobile, OP Business mobile and at op.fi (in Finnish for personal customers).
- New benefit: Equity analyses €0: Free equity and market analysis.
- Benefits of saving through insurance: Take out an insurance policy, switch between investment instruments and transfer funds free of charge. Earn OP bonuses from unit-linked insurance assets.**
*No OP bonuses will accrue from the R2 Crystal Fund nor from institutional series of funds.
In addition to OP bonuses earned through saving and investment, owner-customer earn bonuses from
- funds in accounts
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP Duo cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
**The following investment products linked to the insurance assets do not bring OP bonuses from 1 April 2022: OP-Venäjä A, JPM Russia A, JPM Emerging Europe Equity Fund and BlackRock GF Emerging Europe Fund A.
Remember that investment always involves risks. The value of investments can rise and fall, and an investor can lose part or all of the money they invest. OP funds are managed by OP Fund Management Company Ltd, with OP cooperative bank acting as its agent. Normal transaction costs are charged for the following special common funds: OP-Public Services Real Estate, OP-Forest Owner, OP-Rental Yield and OP-Alternative Portfolio special common funds.