You can open an account and start trading on OP-mobile. This is free of charge and takes just a few moments. Please note that you cannot open an equity savings account for a child or legally incompetent person.
- Check from the app store that you have the latest version of OP-mobile.
- Log into OP-mobile.
- Go to Investments.
- Select Open an equity savings account.
- Select Start and read the instructions.
- Select the investor’s or saver's service package. You can switch service package if there is a change in your investment needs.
- Select the start amount and the account to be debited.
- Read the terms and conditions and documents, and select Accept.
- Confirm the opening of the account.
- You have now opened an account and can buy shares.
How much do I have to pay for an equity savings account?
Opening an equity savings account is free of charge, but you will need the saver’s or investor’s package to invest in stocks. The service package includes all you need – custody, equity and market analyses, and stock recommendations. It also determines the brokerage fees for trading. You select a service package when opening an equity savings account on OP-mobile.
Open an equity savings account now and trade in shares, free of monthly charges, for the current and next calendar month. You can also make orders for free for the first 30 days. After this, you must pay the brokerage fees specified in the list of charges and fees.
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you will get the following benefits:
- Equity savings account and securities custody €0
- Saver’s or investor’s service package from €0
- Equity and market analyses and recommendations €0
You can transfer 50,000 euros to an equity savings account.
You can only transfer money to an equity savings account: you cannot transfer shares you already own, ETFs or other products quoted on the stock exchange. You can deposit up to 50,000 euros in an equity savings account, on a lump-sum basis or in instalments. The value of your investments can then rise above or fall below this amount.
How to transfer money to equity savings account:
- Log into OP-mobile and go to Investments.
- Select Equity savings account.
- Select Deposit.
- Type in the amount to be deposited into the equity savings account, specify from which account the amount is debited and select Deposit.
- Enter Mobile key PIN and select Confirm.
- The deposit is completed, and you can now buy shares.
Equity savings account (ESA) – taxation and dividends
With an ESA, or equity savings account, you can trade in shares tax-free. No tax is payable on sales of stocks and possible dividend payments. Returns are only taxed when you withdraw funds from or close your equity savings account.
When you withdraw funds from an equity savings account, they are divided into capital (the amount you deposited) and profit (the return made on the deposited amount). The profit is taxed as capital income. The first 30,000 euros of profit is taxed at 30% and profit above that at 34%. This also applies to dividends. The capital you invested in the account is not taxed. Any losses are tax-deductible if you close the equity savings account, i.e. sell all stock and withdraw all funds from the account.