OP-Visa ElectronDebit card for young people and children. Enables secure purchases in Finland, abroad and online.
Account always up to date
The account balance is always verified when a purchase or withdrawal is made with this card. All payments are debited instantly from the account. The card has no credit facility.
Secure debit card for young people and children
Visa Electron can be granted to those over 10 years old. With this card, young people and children can securely start practising spending and learning card use. The card’s account can be linked to the guardian’s OP-mobile, enabling monitoring and easy money transfers to the young cardholder’s account.
- Debit feature: purchases are always debited immediately from the account.
- Contactless payment: purchases of up to 50 euros can be paid quickly without PIN.
- The K-Plussa feature can be included in the card to reduce the number of cards in the wallet.
- Set separate limits for withdrawals, purchases requiring preauthorisation and online payments made with this card.
- Visa Secure protects the online payments.
2.75 euros per month. Those under 26 years can have one card free of charge.
An application for a card for a minor must always be filed with a bank branch.
If both parents/guardians cannot be present at the same time, either of them can login to OP eServices to make a power of attorney in advance.
In the power of attorney, (s)he authorises the other guardian/parent to apply for the card. The child must personally be present when applying for the card, or when collecting it at the latest, so that matters related to the use of the card can be talked through with him/her.
- International bank card without a credit facility.
- Accepted in outlets marked with a Visa Electron icon.
- Consent from the parents/guardians is required for a card granted to a minor.
- The card is linked to the cardholder's own bank account.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Please note that the card is not always accepted on board train, ship or aircraft.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card.
How much does the card cost?
- Monthly charge is €2.75.
- The charge of an individual OP member cooperative bank may differ from this recommended charge.
- One card is free of charge for those under 26 years.
- For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for OP-Visa Electron in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases.
Please note that the account may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending/withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set and change your spending and withdrawal limits easily by logging into OP eServices or OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service, tel. 010 253 1333 or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
- When paying for your purchase with your card, you can withdraw a maximum of 200 euros with the card.
- Cash withdrawals with OP-Visa Debit are not subject to a charge.
- Cash withdrawal is subject pre-authorisation hold, i.e. the same principle applies to such cash withdrawals as that to ATM cash withdrawals. You can see both the purchase and the cash withdrawal itemised on you bank statement.
With Pivo, you can easily pay your friend, online and at store checkouts. You will also see where your money goes. Winner of several awards, Pivo is our customers’ favourite.