OP ElectronIt is no longer possible to order new OP Electron cards. OP Electron cards in use will continue to work until the expiry date shown on them.
OP Electron can no longer be ordered
Currently valid Visa Electron cards will continue to work until their expiry date
You can use a valid Visa Electron card to make secure payments in Finland, abroad and online until the month of expiry shown on the card ends: the expiry date is given in the form mm/yy on the front.
New visa Electron cards can no longer be ordered. Read more about why Visa Electron is being retired from use
Learn more about your options
Cards for adults:
Cards for children and young people:
Information about the card
- International bank card without a credit facility.
- Accepted in outlets marked with a Visa Electron icon.
- Consent from the parents/guardians is required for a card granted to a minor.
- The card is linked to the cardholder's own bank account.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Please note that the card is not always accepted on board train, ship or aircraft.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card.
How much does the card cost?
- Monthly charge is €2.75.
- The charge of an individual OP member cooperative bank may differ from this recommended charge.
- One card is free of charge for those under 26 years.
- For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for OP Electron in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases.
Please note that the account may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending/withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set and change your spending and withdrawal limits easily by logging into OP eServices or OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service, tel. 010 253 1333 or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
The card is granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.