Home Insurance for a flat

Insurance for a flat and movables.

Choose a suitable home insurance policy

Select from two options: Comprehensive and Basic. By choosing Comprehensive Home Insurance, your home gets the most extensive cover against all possible losses.

For movables and the parts of the flat

With Home Insurance for a flat, you cover your furniture and other movable property as well as your home’s interior decoration, surface coverings, fixed appliances and equipment.

Your deductible benefit as an owner-customer

As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, your deductible in a loss due to fire, crime or natural phenomenon may be as little as 0 euros.

Home insurance discount for prime customers

When you are a Pohjola Insurance prime customer, you receive a discount on our home insurance. Learn more about the discounts and benefits of our prime customers and request an offer of multiple insurances conveniently online.

Check if you are a prime customer >

Are you moving house and have your home insurance with us?‍

You can easily update your home insurance by logging into www.op.fi and changing the place of insurance of your current policy.

What does Home Insurance for a flat cover?

Home Insurance provides cover against unpleasant surprises at home, from broken appliances to fire. Home Insurance for a flat covers your belongings against theft, sudden water damage or breakage, among other events. In addition to movable property, the insurance can also be used to cover the parts of the flat by customising the policy to insure your flat’s fixed interior decorations and furniture, surface coverings and fixed appliances, equipment and structures. You can select and buy Comprehensive Home Insurance easily in our webshop.

Home Insurance for a flat also covers losses to your home up to your selected maximum amount of compensation. In most cases, the insurance compensates movables for up to 5,000 euros when they are temporarily outside your home.

Maximum compensation means the sum up to which we will cover losses under your Home Insurance for a flat. You should therefore set the maximum compensation to correspond to the true value of your movables and the parts of the flat as accurately as possible.

Home Insurance for a flat also provides coverage when you move house

You do not have to worry about your move, because Home Insurance for a flat also covers your property when you are moving house. We compensate to you if, for example, you TV set falls and breaks during removal.

Do remember to let us know in advance that you are moving, because Home Insurance is never transferred automatically to the new address. The coverage of Home Insurance should also be reviewed if the value of your property changes considerably. All the best with the move and with your new home!


Covers under Home Insurance for a flat

Coverage What do we compensate? Deductible
Fire and natural phenomena Fire and natural phenomena cover compensates losses caused by fire, soot, explosion, heavy rain, storm wind, heavy hailstorm, lightning or whirlwind.

The cover also compensates damage due to exceptional freshwater or saltwater flooding.
150 - 1,000 euros

As our owner-customer, you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros for your fire and natural phenomena cover, thanks to which your deductible may be as little as 0 euros.
Crime cover Crime cover compensates losses caused by theft, robbery, break-in or vandalism.

We also compensate if items such as garden furniture or a pram, a locked bicycle or a barbecue are stolen from your property.
150 - 1,000 euros

As our owner-customer, you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros for your crime cover, thanks to which your deductible may be as little as 0 euros.
Equipment breakage cover Equipment breakage cover compensates the breakage of pipes, electrical wires or the home’s technical equipment, machinery or appliances without external reason or due to an electrical phenomenon or a mechanical cause. 150 - 1,000 euros
Pipeline leakage cover
Pipeline leakage cover compensates when a building's fixed pipework or a household machine installed in the house breaks and causes water damage, for example, to the parquet floor and furniture. 150 - 1,000 euros
Breakage and loss cover
Breakage and loss cover compensates when your property is damaged as a result of an external event, or you lose the property. For example, if a television falls when being moved or a pot of paint falls and paint is splashed on a brick wall. This cover does not compensate damage or loss covered by any of the other types of cover mentioned above. 150 - 1,000 euros


In addition to the above covers, Home Insurance for a flat always includes general liability insurance and legal expenses insurance.

Did you know that if you, for example, remodel your kitchen, you can also insure cupboards, home appliances and surface materials?

Hannu Partanen Product Specialist, Pohjola Insurance

Home Insurance for a flat also provides coverage when you move house

Home insurance is important for both tenants and private lessors. Read below how Home Insurance for a flat is ideal for your needs, whether you are a tenant or a lessor. 
Tenant. It is advisable that tenants take out home insurance to at least cover their movable property, in other words their movables. In addition, the tenant should agree with the lessor on who insures the parts of the leased flat. Usually, the lessor is responsible for insuring the flat, but as the tenant, you can also include insurance of the flat in your home insurance in the event that a loss occurs and the lessor demands that you compensate for the damage you have caused.  
Lessor. If you are leasing out a flat, you should insure both its movables and the parts of the flat. Taking out insurance for the parts of the flat is important also if you are a private lessor. A private lessor should also require tenants to take out their own Home Insurance that includes general liability insurance. Our home insurance always includes general liability insurance that compensates if the policyholder causes damage to other persons or their property for which they are liable for compensation under law.

We utilise an automated decision-making process in insurance decisions. Read more about automated decision-making


We recommend that you insure not only the movable property of your home but also parts of the flat. By ‘parts of a flat’, we mean

  • fittings and fixtures
  • fixed machinery and equipment, and structures
  • surface materials on the floors, walls and ceilings.

The housing company’s real estate insurance compensates any losses to an owner-occupied flat up to the basic level in accordance with the insurance conditions. By basic level we as a rule mean the level of accessories the home had right after being completed. Any basic improvements carried out in the entire housing company are also included in the basic level.

If a shareholder or the tenant has, for example, as part of a renovation changed the surface materials to better ones or installed new parts to the flat, these are not included in the basic level. This is why any modifications or improvements must by insured by a home insurance policy taken out by the shareholder or tenant. 

As a Pohjola Insurance prime customer you will receive discounts benefits. When you are also an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you have access to even better benefits and discounts and the bonuses you have received as an owner-customer are used for your insurance premiums.



The product details on this page apply to the presently offered MyHome home insurance. The insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.

To view the terms and conditions of your home insurance, visit the Omat vakuutukset (in Finnish) section in the op.fi service

Move to Omat vakuutukset section (in Finnish)