Home Insurance for terraced house

Cover for your entire terraced house.

Choose a suitable home insurance policy

Select from two options: Comprehensive and Basic. By choosing Comprehensive Home Insurance, your home gets the most extensive cover against all possible losses.

Cover for terraced house and property

Home Insurance for a terraced house covers your property, and can also include cover for the parts of your home from floor to ceiling.

Deductible benefit 250 euros

As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros. This means that in the event of damage caused by a fire, theft or a natural phenomenon, your deductible may be as little as 0 euros.

Home insurance discount for prime customers

When you are a Pohjola Insurance prime customer, you receive a discount on our home insurance. Learn more about the discounts and benefits of our prime customers and request an offer of multiple insurances conveniently online.

Check if you are a prime customer >

Are you moving house and have your home insurance with us?‍

You can easily update your home insurance by logging into www.op.fi and changing the place of insurance of your current policy.

What does Home Insurance for a terraced house cover?

Home Insurance for terraced house covers both your movables and the parts of your house. The insurance covers your terraced house and your movables against losses such as fire and storm damage, theft or vandalism.

When selecting home insurance coverage for a terraced house, you have two options: Comprehensive and Basic. Comprehensive Home Insurance for a terraced house also covers broken household items, the most typical type of loss compensated by us. No matter what coverage option you choose, you can also adjust the amounts of compensation for losses to movable property and fittings, flexibly and in accordance with your own needs as well as those of your home. Be sure to insure your home as extensively as possible: Comprehensive Home Insurance provides you with the best protection against unpleasant surprises.

Insurance for a terraced house also protects your belongings while moving house, for example if your TV or tableware are broken during the move. Before moving house, be sure to change your Home Insurance to the new address.

Cover for your terraced house’s garden furniture and home appliances

By choosing to include crime cover for your terraced house Home Insurance, you are protected against burglary, vandalism and theft of your movables. Under crime cover, you can apply for compensation if a locked bicycle, a piece of garden furniture or a barbecue is stolen or damaged, for example.

Equipment breakage cover, in turn, allows you to prepare against electrical or mechanical breakages of fixed home appliances, such as the stove, dishwasher, refrigerator or freezer. By choosing breakage and loss cover, you insure your home appliances against external events, such as falling from heights. 



Terraced house insurance coverage

Coverage What do we compensate? Deductible
Fire and natural phenomena Fire and natural phenomena cover compensates losses caused by fire, soot, explosion, heavy rain, storm wind, heavy hailstorm, lightning or whirlwind.

The cover also compensates damage due to exceptional freshwater or saltwater flooding.
150 - 1,000 euros

As our owner-customer, you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros for your fire and natural phenomena cover, thanks to which your deductible may be as little as 0 euros.
Crime cover Crime cover compensates losses caused by theft, robbery, break-in or vandalism.

We also compensate if items such as garden furniture or a pram, a locked bicycle or a barbecue are stolen from your property.
150 - 1,000 euros

As our owner-customer, you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros for your crime cover, thanks to which your deductible may be as little as 0 euros.
Equipment breakage cover Equipment breakage cover compensates the breakage of pipes, electrical wires or the home’s technical equipment, machinery or appliances without external reason or due to an electrical phenomenon or a mechanical cause. 150 - 1,000 euros
Pipeline leakage cover
Pipeline leakage cover compensates when a building's fixed pipework or a household machine installed in the house breaks and causes water damage, for example, to the parquet floor and furniture. 150 - 1,000 euros
Breakage and loss cover
Breakage and loss cover compensates when your property is damaged as a result of an external event, or you lose the property. For example, if a television falls when being moved or a pot of paint falls and paint is splashed on a brick wall. This cover does not compensate damage or loss covered by any of the other types of cover mentioned above. 150 - 1,000 euros


In addition to the above covers, Home Insurance for a terraced house always includes general liability insurance and legal expenses insurance. General liability insurance under your Home Insurance provides compensation if you cause loss to others for which you are liable by law. You can claim compensation for legal expenses related to civil and criminal disputes under your Home Insurance’s legal expenses insurance.

Did you know that if you, for example, remodel your kitchen, you can also insure cupboards, home appliances and surface materials? Are you worried about your extended liability for renovation costs as a shareholder? Set the right amount of maximum compensation for each part of your home. This way, our Home Insurance will also cover exceptional liabilities transferred to shareholders under the housing company’s articles of association, such as the costs of the property’s HVAC engineering, plumbing and even roofing work.

Hannu Partanen Product Specialist, Pohjola Insurance

Insure the outbuildings of your terraced house with a separate insurance

At its best Home Insurance for a terraced house covers your movables as well as the parts of the apartment. Outbuildings and outdoor structures must be insured by a separate policy if they have a surface area of more than 12 square metres or a value exceeding 7,000 euros. Separate saunas outside the house must always be insured separately.

We utilise an automated decision-making process in insurance decisions. Read more about automated decision-making




We recommend that you insure not only the movable property of your home but also parts of the flat. By ‘parts of a flat’, we mean

  • fittings and fixtures
  • fixed machinery and equipment, and structures
  • surface materials on the floors, walls and ceilings.

The housing company’s real estate insurance compensates any losses to an owner-occupied flat up to the basic level in accordance with the insurance conditions. By basic level we as a rule mean the level of accessories the home had right after being completed. Any basic improvements carried out in the entire housing company are also included in the basic level.

If a shareholder or the tenant has, for example, as part of a renovation changed the surface materials to better ones or installed new parts to the flat, these are not included in the basic level. This is why any modifications or improvements must by insured by a home insurance policy taken out by the shareholder or tenant. 

As a Pohjola Insurance prime customer you will receive discounts benefits. When you are also an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you have access to even better benefits and discounts and the bonuses you have received as an owner-customer are used for your insurance premiums.

The product details on this page apply to the presently offered MyHome home insurance. The insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.

To view the terms and conditions of your home insurance, visit the Omat vakuutukset (in Finnish) section in the op.fi service

Move to Omat vakuutukset section (in Finnish)