It's time to talk about the hippo in the room!Young person aged 15–19, join OP's new group for young people and get your voice heard!
Talking about money is important – but how and where?
We are looking for young people from 15–19 to join OP's new young people's group to share their input on what young people really want to know about money and personal finances. How can we talk about these topics in a way that is genuinely interesting?
If you have ideas or questions about the theme and want to influence how we talk about money, apply to get involved – you may be a great addition to the group of 10 young persons we are selecting. Naturally, you will be appropriately compensated for your time and input.
What does OP's young people's group do?
- OP's first group for young people will meet and work over the course of spring semester 2024.
- The young people's group will be solving an assignment related to preventing indebtedness among young people at two hackathon events held in Helsinki in the spring of 2024.
- In addition, we will meet remotely once a month to brainstorm and plan together.
- The preliminary dates for the hackathons in Helsinki are 2–3 February and 17–18 May 2024.
What do members get out of the group?
- Members of the young people's group gain new experiences and contacts, as well as an amazing opportunity to influence how financial skills are talked about, and what young people should know about money and personal finances.
- Applicants selected for the group will be compensated (€50/hour, estimated total compensation around €1,000).
- We will also reimburse out-of-town members for travel and accommodation costs to the hackathons held in Helsinki.
Who can apply?
- Young people aged 15–19 living anywhere in Finland can apply to join OP's group for young people.
- We are looking for a diverse group of young people in terms of age, gender and place of residence. The working language of the young people's group is Finnish.
- We want you to apply as you are: if you are interested in influencing how young people's finances are talked about, you are ready for the task. We don't expect you to have previous experience or other references on the theme – what matters is your enthusiasm, motivation and opinions.
How do I apply?
At the link below, you can submit a video application in which you give brief answers to a few questions. Applying is easy: you can record the video directly on the website, and simply need to be yourself. The entire process takes only about five minutes.
Send your application by Sunday, 26 November at 23.59 at the latest.
Members of the young people's group are selected during the final week of November. We will contact applicants selected for the next round and everyone who submitted an application.