You need to have a valid personal ID document for managing your banking affairs at our branch. Please note that we cannot accept personal ID documents that are damaged or contain outdated information. You must be recognisable from the photo in the ID document.
The bank is under the obligation to verify your identity in connection with each visit.
If you don’t have an acceptable ID document, your identity can be verified at the police station. For more information, visit the website of the Police of Finland.
Documents issued by a Finnish authority
- Passport, seaman's passport, diplomatic passport (excluding alien’s passport)
- Driving licence (granted to a Finnish citizen after 1 October 1990. However, a temporary, interim, exchanged or mobile driving licence is not accepted.)
- ID card (issued after 1 March 1999)
Travel document issued by a foreign authority and accepted by Finland
- Passport or diplomatic passport
- In addition, an ID card issued within the EEA (European Economic Area, including San Marino and Switzerland). (The following European countries have no official ID card, so the customer must have a passport: Ireland, Norway and Denmark)
Visiting a branch to attend to matters related to user identifiers for OP eServices
The user identifiers for OP eServices are strong electronic identification means. In order to get them, you must have a Finnish personal identity code and a passport or an ID card accepted as a travel document issued in Finland or elsewhere in the EEA (European Economic Area, including San Marino and Switzerland).