Equipment InsuranceInsure equipment and tools carried along by employees
Comprehensive insurance cover for equipment and compact machines
Equipment Insurance covers sudden and unforeseeable losses caused by external events such as the dropping or toppling of the insured piece of equipment.
Protection throughout the world
Equipment Insurance is valid throughout the world with the exception of tools and equipment carried along for construction and installation work, and supplies kept in vehicles.
No extended disruptions of operations
You will be able to continue working as soon as possible after the event. Pohjola Claim Help will provide you with clear instructions and information on our repair shop partners.
Insure the equipment carried along by your employees
Property insurance taken out for movables is usually valid at the place of insurance defined in the insurance policy, e.g. the company premises. If the movables by design also are used outside the place of insurance, it is a good idea to take a closer look at our Equipment Insurance.
Equipment Insurance provides extensive cover for any company equipment carried along by employees. You also improve the risk management of the company assets, and ensure the continuity of operations.
Equipment Insurance is suitable for e.g.:
• telephones, computers, payment terminals, measuring and research instruments, audiovisual equipment, musical instruments
• tools that are used in installation and construction work and supplies carried along in vehicles.
What does the corporate Equipment Insurance cover?
Equipment Insurance covers a loss of or damage to a piece of company equipment carried along by employees, if it is caused by a sudden and unforeseeable external event. That could be e.g. damage caused by the insured equipment being dropped or toppled.
If the piece of equipment can be repaired, we cover the repair costs up to the sum insured.
Losses excluded from cover include wear and tear, maintenance expenses and software and data errors.
Cover for company equipment throughout the world
Equipment Insurance is valid throughout the world unless otherwise specified in the insurance policy. For tools carried along for construction and installation work, and supplies kept in vehicles the insurance is valid only within Finland.
Please remember always to handle transport and storage of equipment in an appropriate manner in Finland as well as when travelling abroad.
Also remember Pohjola Claim Help, a service of ours that assists your company and personnel when a loss occurs. You will be provided with clear-cut instructions and contact data of nearby service partners.
Maximum compensation and deductible
For a piece of equipment, the sum insured is the value of a corresponding piece of equipment (replacement value). The calculation of compensation is as a rule based on the insurance object's replacement value, from which the age reductions specified in the insurance policy, and the deductible are subtracted.
The maximum compensated is calculated by taking the insurance object's replacement value and subtracting from it any age reductions from the second year onwards.
The deductible is recorded in the policy document. The deductible for items stolen from a locked vehicle is 25 per cent of the amount of the loss, but never less than the deductible specified in the insurance policy.
Factors affecting the premium
The insurance premium is determined by equipment's type, sum insured and the chosen deductible. Ask for an offer to get exact price for Equipment Insurance!
In the op.fi service, you can easily and safely manage all of your company's insurance transactions. The service allows you to, for example
- report a loss and see how your loss report is processed
- print out certificates of insurance
- order a Green Card for company vehicles
How to activate the Internet Service:
- Sign the Agreement for Digital Transactions and name the administrators.
- Administrators can add other users and their access rights to the service.
- Read more about the op.fi service for corporate insurance customers
- Sign the Agreement for Digital Transactions (in Finnish)
- Equipment insurance, product guide (in Finnish) (pdf)
- Equipment Insurance, terms, VA 13 (pdf)
- Equipment Insurance, Insurance Information Document (pdf)
- Erection all risks insurance/Contractors' all risks insurance, Insurance Information Document (pdf)
- Päivittäinen paloturvallisuus, S411 (in Finnish) (pdf)
- Rakenteellinen murtosuojelu 2, S852 (in Finnish) (pdf)
- Hot Work, S621 (pdf)