Bank connection authorisationTake care of the authorisation of your company’s machine-readable payment transfers easily
Easier payment transfers for your company
The bank connection authorisation form is a power of attorney through which a company or institution can authorise the administrator to take care of machine-readable payment transfers on the company’s behalf through the Web Services channel. The administrator can be an accounting firm or software supplier, for instance.
We recommend that companies use OP’s most recent template for the power of attorney for providing bank connection authorisations. In that case, payment agreements opened according to the power of attorney need not to be signed separately, and the requested amendments will take effect on the basis of the bank connection authorisation.
Update your company’s information
The authorisation enters into force provided that the company’s customer information has been updated within the past 12 months.
In addition, if your company is liable to pay taxes abroad, the company must submit a tax residency self-certification.
How to send a bank connection authorisation
- Enter the information of the authorising and authorised company on the bank connection authorisation form as well as the desired payment services. Carefully fill in all the necessary sections for the services you wish to use. For instructions on filling out the form, see page two of the bank connection authorisation.
- Sign the bank connection authorisation. The signature must be provided by a person authorised to sign for the company. The signature must also be provided in print/block letters. The signature must be made manually or in the Electronic Signature Service that uses strong electronic identification.
- Send the bank authorisation connection by email to the address email@example.com. For sending encrypted email, use OP’s Securemail services at securemail.op.fi.
- We aim to process your authorisation as soon as possible or by the requested date, however, this will be at the earliest within four banking days from receiving the authorisation provided that all the needed information is up to date.
- You will receive a confirmation when the authorisation has been processed.
Mandating a service provider through OP Corporate Banking APIs
A company or institution can also authorise their service provider to manage the company or institution’s machine-readable payment transfers through OP Corporate Banking APIs. The service provider can be an accounting firm or software supplier, for instance. The service provider mandate is given when concluding a new API agreement on the OP API Admin pages, and the mandate can be given to a service provider registered on the OP API Admin pages.
You can enhance your company’s operations and easily build a real-time connection to your bank by using OP Corporate Banking APIs. The interfaces can be used to fully automate both payment transfers and transaction queries, thereby speeding up your company’s processes related to payments and monitoring of accounts receivable. OP Corporate Banking APIs can also be easily integrated for purposes beyond financial management.