Fixed-term High-yield AccountSteady return on a single deposit.
The fixed interest rate on the account guarantees a steady and safe return on your savings
The interest rate on the Fixed-term High-yield Account remains the same throughout the deposit period. So, you'll know exactly how much interest you will earn on your savings.
You can get higher interest by choosing a longer deposit period
Put your savings to work easily for a deposit period that suits your needs. You can choose a deposit period between one month and one year.
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, your savings will earn you OP bonuses
Owner-customers earn OP bonuses on their savings in the account. The bonuses will be used to cover charges and fees for banking and insurance services. As an owner-customer, you will get 40% more OP bonuses than normal in 2024.
What is a Fixed-term High-yield Account?
The Fixed-term High-yield Account is an easy account with steady returns for saving in the short term. Save the amount of your choice into the account and choose a deposit period suitable to you. Your savings will earn fixed interest throughout the deposit period.
Choose the amount deposited into the account and the deposit period so that and you can easily keep your savings in the account until the end of the deposit period and you don't need to use them before the end of the deposit period.
This is how to save in the Fixed-term High-yield Account
- Deposit 500–100,000 euros into the account when you open the account. If you wish to deposit a larger amount, please book an appointment with your own OP cooperative bank.
- Choose 1–12 months as the deposit period for the account.
- When you open the account, you'll see the fixed deposit interest rate on your account.
- When the deposit period ends, you'll get the amount of your deposit, and you'll be paid accrued interest income.
The interest rate on the Fixed-term High-yield Account is fixed, meaning that it remains the same throughout the deposit period. You'll see the interest rate when you open the account.
Interest will be paid into your account when the deposit period ends.
Tax at source is charged on each interest payment. You do not need to report the deposit and earned interest in taxation.
Check the interest on your account
You can check the interest rate on your account by logging in to op.fi service or OP-mobile using your OP user ID. If you do not have an OP user ID, you can call our Customer Service at 0100 0500 (local/mobile network rate). Our Customer Service will advise you on the easiest way to check your account's interest rate.
How to check the interest rate on your account in the op.fi service:
1. Log in to the op.fi service.
2. In the main menu, open the section Rahat (Money) and select Tilit and then Omat tilit (Accounts, My accounts).
3. After this, select Tilien tiedot (Account details) and Tietojen muokkaus (Edit details).
4. You then need to select the account whose details you want to view.
How to check the interest rate on your account in OP-mobile:
1. Log in to OP-mobile.
2. Select the account whose interest rate information you want to view.
3. Go to Account settings by tapping the gear icon.
4. Select Account interest rate.
- Open an account conveniently by logging into the op.fi service.
- Deposit 500–100,000 euros as a one-time deposit into the account when you open the account. You cannot deposit more money into the account after you have opened it.
- Choose 1–12 months as the deposit period.
- You cannot withdraw money from the account during the deposit period.
- When the deposit period ends, you'll get the amount you deposited into the account you have indicated, and you'll be paid accrued interest income.
Savings on the account are protected with deposit guarantee. The maximum compensation for guaranteed deposits is EUR 100,000 for the deposits made in a single deposit bank. OP Financial Group member banks are considered a single bank from the perspective of the deposit guarantee.
Deposit guarantee protects a depositor's funds on an account if the deposit bank becomes insolvent. If a deposit bank is declared bankrupt or is in permanent default, the Financial Stability Authority pays compensation to the bank’s depositors from the Deposit Guarantee Fund.
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you get OP bonuses that decrease your banking and insurance service charges. In 2024, you will earn 40% more OP bonuses than normal.
OP bonuses come from
- funds in savings accounts
- home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- paid insurance premiums, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance.
OP bonuses are tax-free. Because of that they are automatically used for loan service and origination fees and insurance premiums, among other things.
As an owner-customer, you also get significant benefits and discounts. For example, you will get daily banking services without monthly charges until the end of 2024 and interest on your Current Account. Furthermore, you'll enjoy lower saving and investing costs than usual.
Please note that the bank has the right to change the account agreement, its terms and conditions, and the list of service charges and fees. The bank will inform you of changes as specified in the terms and conditions.
The account is provided by OP cooperative bank.