Money BoxAn easy way to save - Use Money Box to accumulate funds on your account or in mutual funds
The easiest way to start saving money
Saving in Money Box is so easy that you won’t even notice it. Opening and using Money Box and withdrawing your savings is free of charge.
The shortest path to investing in funds
When your savings exceed your saving target, Money Box offers a no-fuss way to start investing in funds and, in the long run, allows earning higher returns than a bank account.
Pay with a card and save
Save effortlessly when you pay with your bank card. You can define the amount that will be transferred to your Money Box every time you pay with your card.
Money Box is like an online piggy bank
Money Box is an account that encourages you to save money for surprise expenses, a holiday trip or any other dream you may have. When you set a saving target, saving money becomes more rewarding. Soon you'll notice that you've saved a tidy sum in your Money Box.
You can easily open your own Money Box and start to save money immediately. Pick one of the two possible ways to save in Money Box - or both, if you like:
- one-off deposits
- saving when paying with a card.
Use Money Box to start investing in funds
Money Box also offers an easy and comfortable way to start investing in low-cost index funds when your savings exceed your saving target. You should put your extra cash at work instead of keeping the money idle on a bank account. Index funds invest your assets in stock markets and thus offer a higher expected return than savings accounts in the long term.
How to start automatic investing in funds in Money Box
- Log into op.fi and go to Money Box.
- Enable automatic investing in funds.
- Pick a suitable index fund: OP-Finland Index, OP-World Index or OP-World Index.
- When you have reached your saving target, the extra money will be transferred weekly into the fund of your choice.
- If needed, you can quickly get money out of these funds.
Save when paying with a card
What if you could save some money every time you pay with your card?
You can automatically save in your Money Box when paying with the following OP cards: Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Visa or Visa Gold. Simply activate Auto Save through card and an amount of your choice will be transferred to your Money Box at the time of each card payment. For Visa and Visa Gold combination cards, the transfer is done when you pay with the debit function.
If, for instance, you choose three euros as your savings amount and use your card 15 times a month, you'll save 45 euros. That would mean 540 euros in a year. Your savings will thus build up without even noticing.
I use a card for paying practically all my purchases so it’s quite convenient that I’m able to save at the same time! I’ve decided to put just one euro per card payment into my Money Box but on a monthly level that amounts to dozens of euros - and I don’t even notice it.
The terms and conditions of Money Box will change on 2 October 2020. After the change:
- You can’t pay bills or make payments directly from Money Box. You can, however, still transfer money from Money Box to your OP accounts and buy OP funds.
- Money Box can’t be set as your payment account for e-invoices.
- Money Box can’t be set as the debit account for your OP payment card.
We will separately inform the users of Money Box about this change.
The funds and the deposit interest fall within the scope of deposit guarantee up to the amount prescribed by law. OP Financial Group member banks are considered as a single bank from the perspective of deposit guarantee.
As an owner-customer, you will earn OP bonuses for example from:
- savings and investments
- purchases you have paid with credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.