OP-ClimateInvest in the curbing of climate change
OP-Climate invests in companies playing a key role in preventing climate change
Preventing climate change is a lucrative business to many companies. OP-Climate invests in companies whose products and services relating to climate change account for a significant part of their business. The companies selected may, for example, develop or supply energy-saving technologies, renewable energy sources or solutions for water and waste management or recycling.
The companies included in OP-Climate are in a good position and benefit from the fight against climate change, as they develop products and services for curbing climate change. These companies’ demand will grow in the future, when regulation for greenhouse gas emissions tightens and governments set carbon neutral emission goals to prevent climate change.
Why does it pay to invest in OP-Climate?
- This fund is suited to investors wishing to invest in companies whose products and services help prevent the progress of climate change.
- You will direct funding to companies that contribute to the solving of climate change-related issues.
- This fund is suited to investors seeking high returns, as it invests globally in both developed and emerging markets.
OP-Climate is intended for long-term investing. It is recommended to investors who intend to redeem their units after seven years at the earliest.
As our owner-customer, you can buy, sell and switch OP-Climate fund units at no charge.
|Subscription fee||Annual management fee||Redemption fee|
|0,00 %||1,80 %||0,75 %|
Fund units generate OP bonuses.
OP-Climate is an equity fund which invests its assets broadly in the global stock market. Investments may be made in both developed and emerging equity markets, but the investments are typically somewhat tilted towards Europe and the United States.
In the Fund’s investment activities, the principles of sustainable development are taken into account with a particular emphasis on environmental issues. The fund’s assets are primarily invested in sectors where climate change and preparation for it are expected to have the largest positive impact. The fund’s portfolio companies are typically businesswise positioned for combating global warming, and their business is related to for example energy efficiency and technology, recycling, water and waste management and related infrastructure.
The fund's investments are primarily made through direct equity investments. The fund may use derivatives instruments in its investment activities to hedge against market fluctuations, to replace direct investments and to otherwise promote efficient portfolio management.
The fund’s assets are diversified in the shares of many companies. Typically the fund invests its assets in the shares of about 50-80 companies, but this number may vary reflecting the views taken by the portfolio manager.
The Fund’s equity exposure may vary so that a minimum of 75% and a maximum of 100% of the Fund’s NAV is invested in the equity markets. Typically the equity weight ranges between 90–100 %.
The Fund's benchmark is the MSCI World Climate Paris Aligned Net. With active investing, the Fund seeks to outperform its benchmark index in the long term. The Fund mainly takes notable active risk and it may differ significantly from the composition, weights and risk level of the benchmark index.
- Fund manager
- Kristiina Vares-Wartiovaara
- Benchmark index
- MSCI World Climate Paris Aligned Net
- Start date
- fund serie
- Accumulation unit
- Fund size
- 337 Meur
- Serie value (17.05.)
- 53,81 EUR
- Monthly review
Accumulated profit (14.05)
|1mth||3mth||6mth||1 y||3 y p.a.||5 y p.a.|
|OP-Climate A||−4,74 %||−4,14 %||+14,59 %||+50,15 %||+13,20 %||+12,51 %|
|OP-Climate A||+10,01 %||+8,31 %||−10,32 %||+20,85 %||+28,35 %||+4,53 %|
|Volatility 12 m||vola 12m||Sharpe 12 m||Duration|
|OP-Climate A||17,67 %||2,87||-|
Owner-customer benefits as of 1 January 2021
- Book-entry account and custody €0: Custody of Finnish and foreign shares and ETFs without monthly charges.
- Buy and sell fund units €0: Buy, sell and switch nearly all of our funds without costs and earn OP bonuses by investing in mutual funds.*
- Discount on share trading: Brokerage fee 0.17% (at least €7), maximum trading fee for Finnish shares and ETF products 1% until August 2021.
- New benefit: Equity analyses €0: Free equity and market analysis.
- Benefits of saving through insurance: Take out an insurance policy, switch between investment instruments and transfer funds free of charge. Earn OP bonuses from unit-linked insurance assets.
*No OP bonuses will accrue from the R2 Crystal Fund nor from institutional series of funds.
In addition to OP bonuses earned through saving and investment, owner-customer earn bonuses from
- funds in accounts
- purchases you have paid with the OP-Visa credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
OP Fund Management Company Ltd manages OP mutual funds.