The Rent Deposit Account is an ideal solution for depositing the agreed security deposit.
- The tenant deposits the amount agreed with the lessor, not to exceed three months’ rent, to a current account and pledges it with a pledge agreement.
- Due to the pledge, the tenant cannot access the funds on the account during the lease. The funds can be withdrawn once the lease ends and the lessor has signed a release of the pledge. The lessor returns the signed pledge agreement to the tenant or delivers it directly to the bank.
- If the tenant neglects his obligations under the tenancy agreement, the landlord has the right to withdraw the pledged money from the bank.
- The pledge agreement form for a rent deposit is available in the op.fi service. In the pledge agreement, the bank agrees to a non-set-off commitment, in other words not to set off funds deposited in the account against any receivables it may have.
How to open a rent deposit account at op.fi
Edit account details
3. Pledge your account as a rent deposit account
4. You will receive the pledge agreement by online message within 1 to 3 working days. You still need to fill in any missing information in the pledge agreement, sign it and deliver it to your lessor.
If you wish, you can also open a Rental Deposit Account at a branch. Remember to bring your identity papers and tenancy agreement.
The bank charges a fee for the pledge and withdrawal restriction in accordance with the bank's list of service fees. The service charge is debited automatically, and primarily from OP bonuses.