The Employee insurance cardThe Employee insurance card is a service that presents an employee’s most important insurance coverage in a single place.
Quicker recovery and return to work
In case of illness and accident, the employee will be directed to the most suitable partner doctor to get treatment covered by the policy.
Instructions and information easily to the employee
Doctor’s consultations are made easier when instructions and insurance details are clearly shown on the insurance card.
Pohjola Insurance customer benefit
You will have access to an insurance card for free if your company has taken out personal insurance.
Information on policies and instructions for medical consultations are easily provided to employees
In cases of illness and accident, the employee can find the employer’s instructions for what to do easily on the insurance card. The insurance card also contains the insurance billing details, to be show at the medical centre. Recovery and return to work is quicker, because employees who fall ill or have had an accident obtain the right medical treatment without delay.
The Employee insurance card is a free-of-charge digital service for Pohjola Insurance’s corporate customers who also hold personal insurance policies. With the insurance card you can help your employees access services related to employee health, and they can easily find instructions and information on their insurance cover. The Employee insurance card is always with you on your phone, as long as you have saved the link.
The Employee insurance card will replace the previous Digital insurance card for businesses
If your company uses the Digital insurance card, we will automatically update it to the Employee insurance card.
You’ll benefit from the new, improved card features when your company’s administrator or equivalent updates their current card’s content, using the Edit function. We recommend that you update your company’s occupational healthcare details and the company’s internal instructions for dealing with illness or accidents on to the card. You will not need to share the link with your employees again, the card will update automatically.
How can I get the Employee insurance card?
Instructions for employers
- Open the Employee insurance card service on op.fi ,under Insurance, in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Select “add a new card”. You can name cards based on different groups of staff, for example. If required, you can add instructions for reporting sick leave, for example.
- You can choose a suitable occupational healthcare provider from the list of operators or add a new one by choosing “other”. Next, you can add a URL address that directs the insured individual to the right occupational healthcare provider’s website or provides their contact details.
- Choose the insurance policies to be shown on the card based on categories. Continue to the preview to see what the finished card will look like.
- Click “create the card” and you are done. The card is now ready for you to share.
- You can copy a link to your clipboard and share it by email.
You can log in to the insurance card on op.fi, with the online banking identifiers of Finnish banks. Creating the card requires the authorisation to manage personal insurance policies in OP’s digital services. After you have published the card, a link will be created for it that you can share with your employees by email, text message or on the intranet.
See the end of this page for a message template you can use when sharing the link to the card with your employees.
Instructions for employees
- Open the link your employer sent you for the Employee insurance card. You can save the link in your phone’s bookmarks or on your home screen.
- Under the Instructions tab you can find specific instructions from your employer on what to do in case of illness or accidents and details on how to contact your occupational healthcare.
- You can find more information about the policies available on your card under the Your Insurance tab.
The insurance card is a set of web pages that opens up on your phone’s web browser. The insurance card shows the details of the personal insurance policies your employer has taken out for you. Present these to your doctor for billing purposes.
Our workers' compensation insurance is with Pohjola Insurance, they also offer the Employee insurance card for you to use. The card gathers information concerning the insurance policies and occupational healthcare practices for company employees in one place.
Use the insurance card if you fall ill or are injured. You can easily find instructions on which medical centres you can visit and what your insurance covers. When you visit the doctor please present the insurance details, for billing purposes.
You can use the card through this link: [add your company’s insurance card’s link here]. Save a link to the card in your phone’s bookmarks or on your home screen. The use of the insurance card does not require a separate mobile app. The card does not contain individual employees’ personal information, and no login or authentication is required.
You can also see optional voluntary personal insurance policies on the insurance card.
Find out more about the Employee insurance card at op.fi/employee-insurance-card