A Joint Bank Account is a current account dedicated to paying your household expenses. Keeping up with family finances is easy with an account for the purpose. You can, for example, always transfer a certain amount to this account on your payday.
- A current account shared by the family's adults for paying household expenses, such as groceries, renovation, loan repayments or other regular household costs.
- Transferring the agreed amounts from the adults' own current accounts to this household account is simple.
- Household expenses can easily be monitored on one bank statement.
- Both adults can have payment cards linked to this account.
Funds in a Joint Bank Account generate OP bonuses.Learn more under the section ‘Owner-customer benefits and OP bonuses through banking services’!
How to open a joint account
The most convenient way of opening a joint account is by logging into op.fi.
1. Open a new current account
2. Send an online message where you ask to include another account holder in your account. Please indicate the following information in the online message:
- the number of the current account you are opening
- the name and personal ID code of the other account holder
- and the information that both account holders can use the account separately.
3. When opening the account, check that your KYC information is up to date. KYC means Know Your Customer, and it’s information that all banks must ask from their customers. To check your KYC information in English, open OP-mobile on the front page and select More > My profile > KYC information. You can also check the information in Finnish in the op.fi service under Oma profiili (My profile) after logging in: Oma profiili > Oma asiointi > Omat tiedot.
4. The other person to be included in the account must sign an account agreement, either on the Electronic Signature Service or at a bank branch.
The other person to be included in the account will be informed of the account agreement to be signed, by email, online message or SMS. Signing the account agreement electronically is possible, if the person to be included in the account is an OP customer and they have OP eServices user IDs.
The Electronic Signature Service is available at allekirjoitus.op.fi. Login is possible with personal OP eServices user IDs. The documents to be signed can be viewed on the front page after logging in.
If necessary, book an appointment for a meeting at a bank branch here.