A Joint Bank Account is a current account dedicated to paying your household expenses. Keeping up with family finances is easy with an account for the purpose. You can, for example, always transfer a certain amount to this account on your payday.
- A current account shared by the family's adults for paying household expenses, such as groceries, renovation, loan repayments or other regular household costs.
- Transferring the agreed amounts from the adults' own current accounts to this household account is simple.
- Household expenses can easily be monitored on one bank statement.
- Both adults can have payment cards linked to this account.
The interest rate for owner-customers' Current accounts will rise on 1 November 2023 – the benefit also applies to a Joint Bank Account
For an OP cooperative bank's owner-customers, the deposit interest rate of the Current account with standard terms and conditions will be a fixed 0.25% from 1 November in the bank where the owner-customer membership of all account holders is. Otherwise, the interest rate is 0.00%. The benefit also applies to a Joint Bank Account.
How to open a Joint Bank Account
The most convenient way of opening a joint account is by logging into OP-mobile.
1. Open a new current account. From the OP-mobile home page, select Money > Accounts and cards > Open an account.
2. Check that your KYC information is up to date. From the home page, select More > My profile > Customer details. KYC means Know Your Customer, and it’s information that all banks must ask from their customers.
3. Send us a message asking us to add another account holder to your account. Please provide the following information in your message:
- the number of the current account you opened
- the name and personal ID code of the other account holder
- and the information that both account holders can use the account separately.
4. Lastly, the account holder you added to the account must sign the account agreement on OP's Electronic Signature Service or at a bank branch.
It's possible to sign the account agreement electronically if the person added to the account is already an OP cooperative bank customer and has an OP user ID. They will be informed about the signing of the account agreement by message.
If necessary, you can also book an appointment for a meeting to open a Join Bank Account.