Mobile keyHandy and secure identification method that’s always at hand
Mobile key is a secure identification method that goes wherever you go.
You’ll find it in the OP-mobile or OP Business mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use our digital services with Mobile key
You log in and confirm payments and transactions securely and handily with Mobile key without a key code list.
You can also use Mobile key to identify yourself to other services and to confirm payments for your online purchases
You identify yourself to services quickly and securely with Mobile key, anywhere and anytime.
How can I start using Mobile key?
To start using Mobile key, download the OP-mobile or OP Business mobile app to your smartphone or tablet free of charge. Download the app from an official app store, in other words Apple’s App Store or from Google Play with Android devices. To enable Mobile key, you also need your OP user ID (username, password and key code list).
When you log into OP-mobile or OP Business mobile for the first time, you can set a personal Mobile key PIN code. After that, you can use Mobile key not only in OP’s digital services but also in other services requiring strong identification. You can always find Mobile key by tapping OP-mobile or OP Business mobile.
Even if you mainly use Mobile key, keep your username, password and key code list. You’ll need them if you change your device. Also remember to tell us if the phone number linked to your user ID changes.
Mobile key for minors
As of May 2022, children and young people will be able to use OP-mobile and Mobile key for doing transactions. In addition to OP’s digital services, Mobile key can be used for, say, confirming card payments in online stores. With the consent of their guardians, persons over 12 years of age will be able to identify themselves in services requiring strong identification, such as Studyinfo, My Kanta or Kela.
Changing and enabling Mobile key with a new device
Enabling Mobile key with a new device does not very much differ from the way you enabled Mobile key for the first time. When you change your phone or device, take the following steps:
- Download OP-mobile or OP Business mobile app to your device.
- Log into OP-mobile or OP Business mobile with your user ID. For login, you need your username, password and key code list. So, you may not use your old Mobile key.
- Make sure that your phone is on and online because we’ll send a further confirmation message to it by SMS.
- When you log in for the first time, set the Mobile key PIN code for your new device.
- Remove the old Mobile key once you are sure that the new Mobile key works. You can remove Mobile key of your old device in the new device’s OP-mobile or OP Business mobile app. You can remove the old Mobile key on the op.fi service too or by contacting our Customer Service.
Even after the change of Mobile key, keep your username, password and key code list. You’ll need them whenever you enable Mobile key with a new phone or tablet.
What should I do if my phone goes missing?
If your phone goes missing or is stolen, immediately contact OP Customer Service or OP Deactivation Service. Check our services’ contact information.
To which services can I identify myself with Mobile key?
- when calling our customer service
- OP-mobile and OP Business mobile
- op.fi service
- other services, such as MyTax, Kela, schools’ joint application system and entrance exams.
I was sceptical about starting to use Mobile key because of data security. I still decided to enable Mobile key, and I’ve been very happy with it. I no longer need to stress about the key code list. It’s much smoother to log in and confirm payments on the op.fi service. For me, a high point was when I realised I could pay the fisheries management fee from the holiday cottage and go fishing right away even though I had forgotten my key code list at home.