A low-cost alternative to larger loans
A bank loan is a suitable choice when you need financing of over 10,000 euros. The bank loan is a lower-cost option than unsecured loans.
Owner-occupied home typical collateral
In addition to residential property, investments, savings and forest property can be used as collateral for a bank loan, whereas a car or consumer goods, such as electronics, aren’t eligible as collateral.
Apply for a loan online right away
You can apply for the bank loan directly online.
This is how you apply for a bank loan:
Fill in a loan application online
The application is not binding on you
You will receive a loan offer that suits your situation
Secured bank loan:
- You can apply for a bank loan starting from 10,000 euros, with no upper limit.
- You’ll need collateral for the loan: a home that you own, investments, savings or forest property.
- A bank loan is a lower-cost option to unsecured consumer credits.
- A bank loan will earn OP bonuses to OP cooperative bank owner-customers.
- You can also include loan protection insurance or an interest rate cap in your bank loan.
- If you use a bank loan to buy a motor vehicle, its ownership will transfer directly to you. Often the finance company will own the motor vehicle bought on hire purchase.
Bank loan repayment
- We’ll customise a bank loan repayment plan for you. You can also discuss a repayment holiday or loan modifications with us if you need to readjust repayment midway through the loan term to better suit your life situation.
- You can pay off your loan early any time. The loan terminates when the last instalment has been paid.
What is used as collateral for a bank loan?
In general, residential property (such as an owner-occupied home, a buy-to-let home or a holiday home), investments or forest property are used as collateral. An owner-occupied home is eligible as collateral if some of the loan taken out to buy it has already been repaid or if the home was bought partly or entirely with savings. A car or consumer goods, such as electronics, aren’t eligible as collateral for a bank loan.
Can I get a bank loan even if OP is not my main bank?
Usually, we grant bank loans to persons whose main bank is OP. When applying for a bank loan with us, you can also ask for our offer for the other banking services that you use. In one step, you can get access to a comprehensive range of banking services that suit your particular needs. It’s quite beneficial to be an OP cooperative bank owner-customer. The more you use our services, the more you benefit.
Security in case of unexpected events
If something unexpected happened, how would you cope? By taking out protection for your loan, you ensure that you will be able to repay your loan even if you face unexpected challenges. You can protect a secured bank loan by, for example, taking out loan protection insurance or interest rate cap.