OP Unit-linked InsuranceA form of investment in which you can be very active, completely passive, or alternate between these.
What is OP Unit-linked Insurance?
OP Unit-linked Insurance offers you an opportunity for lifelong accumulation of wealth and financial security. OP Unit-linked Insurance is suitable for both active investors and monthly saving. Select the mutual funds or other available investment options you want. After this, you can either sit back and let your money grow or actively manage your investments. This way, you have the option to pursue new and interesting investment opportunities, now and in the future. OP Unit-linked Insurance lets you switch between investment products free of charges or tax liabilities.
Advantages of OP Unit-linked Insurance
You get access to a wide range of investment products with a single agreement
You can select new investment products or withdraw from existing products and exchange them for others. Every day if you choose to.
Gains from profitable investments are not taxed when traded within your portfolio. You only pay taxes when you withdraw funds from your insurance.
The advantages of a regular saving plan are their best in unit-linked insurance. By making regular investments, you balance out risks you would otherwise have if you invested more money less frequently.
You can make monthly investments or larger amounts at a time. You can use a single contribution to buy several investment products.
Offers a cost-effective way of saving. You can transfer money to the insurance and switch between investment products without fees.
OP Unit-linked Insurance earns you OP bonuses
You can track your investments easily on OP-mobile or the op.fi online service. You can also manage other matters related to your insurance assets; such as additional payments, switching between funds and changes in the payment plan or beneficiaries digitally, whenever this best suits you.
OP Unit-linked Insurance is a unit-linked endowment insurance.
OP Unit-linked Insurance is a unit-linked endowment insurance designed for long-term saving and investing purposes. It is also suitable for estate planning. OP Unit-linked Insurance includes a clause that allows you to choose a beneficiary for your insurance assets in the event of your death. With the beneficiary clause, you can also transfer wealth to the next generation flexibly without a last will and testament. OP Unit-linked Insurance is valid up to the age of 100.
OP Savings Agreement as an alternative
You can also choose to invest with an OP Savings Agreement, which is a capital redemption contract. This insurance contract does not include a beneficiary clause, which means that after the policyholder’s death, the OP Savings Agreement is transferred to the death estate. OP Savings Agreement is valid for up to 30 years and ends at the latest when the policyholder turns 100.
Owner-customer benefits as of 1 January 2021
- Book-entry account and custody €0: Custody of Finnish and foreign shares and ETFs without monthly charges.
- Buy and sell fund units €0: Buy, sell and switch nearly all of our funds without costs and earn OP bonuses by investing in mutual funds.*
- Discount on share trading: Brokerage fee 0.17% (at least €7), maximum trading fee for Finnish shares and ETF products 1% until August 2021.
- New benefit: Equity analyses €0: Free equity and market analysis.
- Benefits of saving through insurance: Take out an insurance policy, switch between investment instruments and transfer funds free of charge. Earn OP bonuses from unit-linked insurance assets.
*No OP bonuses will accrue from the R2 Crystal Fund nor from institutional series of funds.
In addition to OP bonuses earned through saving and investment, owner-customer earn bonuses from
- funds in accounts
- purchases you have paid with the OP-Visa credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The insurance policy is issued by OP Life Assurance Company Ltd. Cooperative banks act as agents for OP Life Assurance Company Ltd.