K-Plussa MaksuaikaK-Plussa Maksuaika is a flexible charge and credit card and the most rewarding Plussa card on the market all in one. Pay and earn the best Plussa benefits with a single card.
The most rewarding Plussa card on the market
Get all Plussa benefits with one card: With K-Plussa Maksuaika, you get access to all Plussa benefits.
Earn Plussa money faster: By paying with the K-Plussa Maksuaika card*, you earn double Plussa points at K Group stores until the end of 2021.
Charge and credit card with no annual charge
You get an average 35-day interest-free billing period without costs for your purchases. The card has no monthly or annual charges, and any bank's customers can apply for it.
Cover for your purchases around the world
You are automatically entitled to Purchase Protection Insurance of 90 or 180 days for purchases paid with the card. The insurance covers purchases made in Finland and aboard, in stores and online.
Markkinoiden parhaat Plussa-edut
Best Plussa benefits on the market
The K-Plussa Maksuaika card brings you the market’s best Plussa benefits from K Group stores. By paying with the K-Plussa Maksuaika, you earn double Plussa points at K Group stores until the end of 2021. You can earn Plussa benefits on groceries and countless other purchases.*
*The additional points do not accrue for online store purchases or car service, and they will not affect earned bonus points.
Paying with the K-Plussa Maksuaika card
- K-Plussa Maksuaika is a charge and credit card in one. You can apply for a credit limit of 1,000–6,000 euros for your card.
- The card has no monthly or annual charge.
- You get an average 35-day interest-free billing period without costs for your purchases. When receiving your bill, you decide whether to pay in full or use your card’s credit facility, that is, repay the credit in instalments.
- International Mastercard that is accepted around the world – in over 30 million outlets.
- Pay for small purchases of max 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN by using contactless payment.
- Track your purchases and credit balance conveniently on OP-mobile, Pivo or at op.fi using OP’s user ID.
Cover for your purchases with K-Plussa Maksuaika
When paying your purchases with the K-Plussa Maksuaika card, you get Purchase Protection Insurance for free for products valued at over 40 euros. It is valid around the world for purchases paid with the K-Plussa Maksuaika card, including online purchases.
Purchase Protection Insurance will be of use if the product you have purchased, such as a phone, gets broken or is stolen. It covers the repair costs of a damaged device or the purchase of a new equivalent device.
Purchase Protection Insurance is valid for 180 days for purchases made in K Group stores. 90 days when purchased from other stores. The Purchase Protection Insurance deductible is 40 euros.
When paying your online purchases with the K-Plussa Maksuaika card, you get cover for your purchases from the time of purchase until delivery. For instance, if your purchase is not delivered to you or the airline of your booked flight goes bankrupt, you can apply for a refund from the credit card company.
Apply for the K-Plussa Maksuaika card
K-Plussa Mastercard is renewed and becomes K-Plussa Maksuaika. You can apply for the new K-Plussa Maksuaika card after the renewal during 2021. Any bank’s customers can apply for the card.
By leaving us your contact information, you’ll be among the first to know when it’s possible to apply for the new K-Plussa Maksuaika card. Leave your contact information here
You may apply for K-Plussa Maksuaika if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
How much does the card cost?
- A K-Plussa Maksuaika has no monthly charge.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 10.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 5.00 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 1,500 euros is 18.29% (3/2021). This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 0.00 euros and the monthly account service charge 5.00 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,046.21 euros.
If you use your K-Plussa Maksuaika to pay for, say, a new phone, spectacles or TV, you will be automatically entitled to Purchase Protection Insurance for 180 days for purchases made at K-Plussa stores. You get Purchase Protection Insurance for 90 days for purchases you make at other stores.
Purchase Protection Insurance will be of use if the product you have purchased, such as a phone, gets broken or is stolen. It covers the repair costs of a damaged device or a purchase of a new equivalent one. The Purchase Protection Insurance deductible is 40 euros.
Purchase Protection Insurance is valid globally and also covers online purchases made using the K-Plussa Maksuaika.
Filing a claim
Call our telephone service, tel. 010 253 1333 (Mon.–Fri. 9 am–4 pm, local network charge/mobile charge). When you file a claim, you are expected to tell us the time and price of the product. We will ask to see the related sales slips, if necessary.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for K-Plussa Maksuaika in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases.
- New limits take effect immediately.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set the spending/withdrawal limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call the telephone service, 010 252 7020. You can also visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Mastercard Identity Check (previously Mastercard SecureCode) is a service that enhances online payment security. When you use your credit, the card company's rules also protect your purchases.
It is based on single-sign-on (SSO) with an SMS without having to log in separately.
If you make a purchase with your Mastercard, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you mobile phone via SMS. Receiving the SMS may take a moment. Enter the OTP in the text message into the network view to confirm the payment. If you enter an incorrect OTP four times in a row, the service will be blocked. In such a case, please contact Mastercard customer service.
If you have not informed your phone number to OP, sign-on will fail. You can check the phone number within the service from the Mastercard Identity Check screen when you make an online purchase.
When you pay for your purchases on the web through the Mastercard Identity Check service, you will go to service window where you accept your purchase in encrypted internet connection using your personal online service user identifiers. This way both the merchant and buyer have been reliably authenticated. You can identify the web shops that use the services with the Mastercard Identity Check logo. The service will cause no extra charges to you.
If you have separately enabled the Mastercard Identity Check at op.fi, signing on will work through the TUPAS authentication service when making web purchases with Mastercard.
If you experience any problems, please call OP Customer service at 010 252 7020 or from outside Finland +358 10 252 7020 (Mon.–Fri. 9 am–4.30 pm)
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from land-line phones in Finland (VAT included).
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from mobile subscriptions (VAT included).
We are updating the application for a higher credit limit and, unfortunately, it isn’t possible to increase credit limit online at the moment. You can apply online for a higher credit limit again in March–April 2021.
If needed, please contact OP Customer Service to increase credit limit