OP-Visa GoldOP-Visa Gold is more than a payment card – it's also a key to better services and a travel insurance. Pay securely with the debit or credit feature anywhere.
Identity theft protection gives you a peace of mind
The card includes Identity Theft Protection which will provide you with specialist assistance for preventing identity theft or minimising its impact.
Travel Insurance and Rental Car Insurance for journeys
OP-Visa Gold includes travel insurance for you and your family. Insurance is valid on both domestic and overseas journeys. It also includes removal of deductible of a leased car up to EUR 1,000, so you can hire a car without having to take out expensive supplementary insurance from the car rental firm.
Concierge will help run your errands
You can call the assistant for example to book a hotel room, arrange a flower delivery, or find a birthday gift for a friend.
LoungeKey for access to lounges
With OP-Visa Gold, you can purchase access to lounges at over a thousand airports around the world with your travelling companion.
Payments with OP-Visa Gold
- Pay with the debit or credit feature. Pay contactless for your purchases below 50 euros.
- Flexibility for life. Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- When paying by credit, the interest-free billing period is 35 days on average.
- Owner-customers get a 180-day Product Protection Insurance. The products you have paid for with OP-Visa Gold are covered against breakage or theft for six months from the date of purchase up to EUR 2,000.
- Cut down your number of cards. Add a K-Plussa card to your OP-Visa.
- Add your card to Pivo or Apple Pay to pay easily with a smart device wherever you are.
Support and help with your card 24/7
The OP-Visa Gold customer service at +358 (0) 100 0510 is available 24/7. The same number can be used for the deactivation service, insurance services, Identity Theft Protection and Concierge service.
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer you get the daily services, including a current account, OP eServices and an OP-Visa Gold package (incl. card and supplementary services linked to the card) for 8.00 euros per month.
For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
Supplementary services for the card
OP-Visa Gold credit card includes a travel insurance for you and your family. It provides cover against personal injury and property damage while travelling.
Forget crowded airport concourses – enjoy the peace and privacy of lounge. With LoungeKey, you will have access to lounges at over a thousand airports in more than 120 countries around the world. You can also invite your travelling companion to join you in the lounge.
In the lounge, in addition to refreshments and restaurant services you will have at your disposal Wi-Fi, free newspapers and magazines, option to work in comfortable and quiet premises or conference rooms, entertainment and possibility of showering or resting. You will always have access to the lounges regardless of your airline or flight class.
Activate your membership before your lounge visit by creating a user account and register your card details at www.loungekey.com/opvisagold or LoungeKey mobile app which you can download on your phone from your application store. Upon activation and use of membership, LoungeKey performs an automatic validation of your card.
Keep your OP-Visa Gold with you when travelling because it gives you access to lounges. If you are using LoungeKey's mobile application, you can also use the digital membership card in mobile application to access the lounges. You won’t be admitted to lounges without either of those. LoungeKey membership is included in your OP-Visa Gold card but entry is subject to a separate charge of 28 euros per person. You can bring one or several travel companions into the lounge. The lounge entry fees for all of your travel companions will always be charged to your OP-Visa Gold’s credit facility afterwards.
To find out which lounges are included in the service, go to
or download the LoungeKey mobile app from the app store of your phone. In the service, you can also check which lounges you have visited.
The card comes with Identity Theft Protection service that helps prevent, detect and limit identity fraud. You will get personal service from experienced specialists who are there for you when you need help.
In identity theft, someone, maybe even a person closely associated with you, obtains your personal data and exploits it for financial gain, seeking to commit fraud or other criminal acts, such as applying for a loan, without your permission. This can happen to anyone and anytime. Your data can also fall into the wrong hands due to a data leak or a lost or stolen passport or driving licence. It is quite possible that the fraudster raises loans, buys mobile phone subscriptions, orders items or applies for the registration of title to your property. While the fraudster keeps everything of value, you will be left with the obligations and demands for payment. Falling victim to identity theft is unpleasant, time-consuming and may lead to financial losses.
Identity Theft Protection specialists help you take preventive measures and provide you with instructions on how to minimise the risk of falling victim to fraud. If you suspect that you have fallen victim to identity theft, the specialists will help you investigate the extent of identity theft to prevent misuse and financial loss. If you have fallen victim to identity theft or financial fraud, the specialists will help you investigate the situation and limit the consequences by helping you
- dispute unfounded demands for payment
- cancel any ordered subscriptions
- have payment default entries issued by credit information agencies erased
If you are our owner-customer, your OP-Visa card will automatically include the new Product Protection Insurance.Product Protection Insurance Covers card purchases with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities
Your purchases are insured regardless of whether you pay for them with the card’s credit or debit facility.Coverage from blunders for 180 days
Your card purchases are covered for six months from the time of purchase in Finland, abroad and in online stores.Free-of-charge insurance only for owner-customers
Product Protection Insurance is only included in the OP-Visa cards held by OP cooperative bank’s owner-customers and in joint cards linked to them.Product Protection Insurance protects your card purchases from blunders
Sometimes all sorts of things happen, the phone slips from your hand or coffee spills on your laptop. Luckily, Product Protection Insurance covers card purchases made with OP-Visa from blunders for six months. You can enjoy this benefit for owner-customers by actively purchasing with your OP-Visa card.
Product Protection Insurance is a free insurance for owner-customers who have an OP-Visa Credit/Debit combination card, OP-Visa Gold, OP-Visa Platinum, or an OP-Mastercard. Joint holders of any of these cards are also entitled to the benefit, if the principal card-holder is an owner-customer. The insurance cannot be bought separately.Coverage for your purchases, also those made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance covers your purchases paid with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities in Finland, abroad and in online stores. The insurance covers purchases that conform to the terms and conditions for 180 days from the time when the card-holder acquires the item.
Product Protection Insurance may provide cover, for example, if your brand-new spectacles get broken, your new tablet falls to the floor or ground and gets broken or the screen of your mobile phone is damaged. The deductible is EUR 75, and up to EUR 2,000 is compensated for an individual item.Insurance benefit for owner-customers
By becoming our owner-customer you are entitled, in addition to the Product Protection Insurance, to, for example, daily banking services at a lower cost and you earn value-for-money OP bonuses which offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds with no charges.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by OP Insurance Ltd.
OP-Visa Gold customers now have access to a more versatile assistant, the worldwide Concierge service.
You can use the Concierge service to order a delivery of flowers to a friend in Finland or abroad, for example. The Concierge can also help you find and deliver birthday gifts to a spouse or godchild, for example, or book a rental holiday home for you for Midsummer or a trip to Lapland in the autumn. With Concierge you can conveniently book tickets to concerts, musicals and sports events and make dinner reservations and guest list reservations at restaurants and night clubs in the Nordic countries. You can also ask tips and advice from our experts who have local partners and extensive networks.
The Concierge is available from Monday to Friday 09.00 am–22.00 pm and Saturdays 10.00-18.00 by calling OP-Visa Gold customer service on 0100 0510, selection 5.
The service can be used as often as you want and is free of charge. Any purchases you make will be charged to your card.
OP-Visa Gold telephone service helps you with any questions relating to your card. OP-Visa Gold card’s own telephone service at 0100 0510 serves 24/7.
You can also call this number to report a lost or stolen card. Please report a lost or stolen card or suspected misuse of the card immediately to us.
With any questions about Product Protection Insurance, contact Pohjola Insurance Customer Service directly at 0303 0303 (Mon–Fri 8–18).
Travel Emergency Service helps you around the clock if you get into trouble during your journey. +358 9 4245 6233.
Information about the card
- As an OP cooperative bank's owner-customer you get the daily services, including a current account, OP eServices and an OP-Visa Gold package (incl. card and supplementary services) for 8.00 euros per month.
- For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- Without the daily services, an OP-Visa Gold package costs 7.75 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14.15% (1/2020). This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,146.75 euros.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
Add your card to Apple Pay or Pivo. These payment apps enable you to pay in stores and online with just your smartphone. You don’t need your card or card details at the time of payment.
Paying with Apple Pay or Pivo at a store is contactless, you just take your smartphone near the reader. You can also pay for purchases of over 50 euros.
Adjust your payment card's spending/withdrawal limits, credit limit and repayment schedule easily at op.fi or on OP-mobile. Remember to use the benefits offered by your card!
Owner-customers earn OP bonuses from:
Funds in savings accounts
Home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
Mutual funds and unit-linked insurance assets
Insurance premiums paid, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is granted by OP Card Company Plc.