How to change the spending limits on your cardYour card has spending limits that you should set so that they suit your needs.
Set spending limits on your card
You can change your payment or credit card’s spending and withdrawal limits quickly and easily on op.fi or OP-mobile. New limits take effect immediately. You can change the spending and withdrawal limits as often as you like.
Change your card’s spending limits in the op.fi service
- Log into OP eServices
- Select Omat kortit (My cards)
- Select the card whose spending limits you want to change
- Scroll down the page to section Kortin ja luoton tiedot (Card and credit details) and select Turvarajat (Spending and withdrawal limits)
- Select Muokkaa kortin turvarajoja (Edit card spending/withdrawal limits)
If you increase your spending/withdrawal limits, you need to confirm it with Mobile key or key code list.
Change your card’s spending limits on OP-mobile
- Log into OP-mobile
- Under Money, select the card whose spending limits you want to change.
- Tap the settings icon on the top right corner to go to the card's settings.
- Tap Edit spending and withdrawal limits.
- Set the new limits and save.
If you increase these limits, you need to confirm it with Mobile key.
Set daily spending and withdrawal limits on your payment or credit card
The spending and withdrawal limits are daily limits for the use of your card. They protect your card in case of fraud or loss of the card.
- The cash withdrawal limit defines how much cash you can withdraw with your card on ATMs in Finland and abroad or at store checkouts.
- The limit for swiped payments (payments made through payment readers) means the amount you can pay with your card in, for example, stores and restaurants.
- The limit for online and in-app payments means the amount you can pay with your card online and in mobile apps.
You can set different spending and withdrawal limits for your card’s credit facility (credit) and for payments directly debited from your account (debit).
Change spending and withdrawal limits whenever you need to
You can change your card’s spending and withdrawal limits as often as you like. The new limits take effect immediately. We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need to.
For example, if you make online purchases very rarely, it’s a good idea to keep the spending limit for online purchases and other distance purchases at zero (€0). This means that the card cannot be used for online purchases at all. Whenever you need to, you can increase the spending limit easily online or on OP-mobile.
Note that your spending and withdrawal limits apply to payments for which a pre authorisation is placed on your account or credit card. Any account transfers you make from your card's credit side on op.fi are not included in these limits.
You can easily view your card transactions in the op.fi service and on OP-mobile, also when travelling.
In addition to your card’s spending and withdrawal limits, your account too may have a transaction limits that restrict card payments. Go change the account's transaction limits