Home Insurance for a separate house

Home insurance for a separate house and home contents.

Choose a suitable home insurance policy

Select from two options: Comprehensive and Basic. By choosing Comprehensive Home Insurance, your home gets the most extensive cover against all possible losses.

Insurance for movable property in a detached house as well

With an insurance policy for a detached house, you can also get coverage against breakage of movables, furnishings and fixtures.

OP Cooperative bank owner-customer benefit

of up to 250 euros for the cover for fire and natural phenomena and the crime cover, reducing your deductible to 0 euros.

Type of business organisation other than a housing company?

If your separate house is a housing company unit, you can take out an insurance policy online. If the type of business organisation is other than a housing company, you can take out the insurance policy by calling 0303 0303.

What does an insurance policy for a separate house cover?

With an insurance policy for a separate house you can get coverage for the movables, surfaces and fixtures of your house against fire, storm and water damage, among others. You can also include equipment breakage cover to prepare against breakages of home appliances, such as the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, and movable equipment like the TV set.  

You can tailor your insurance policy for a separate house by specifying the deductible. When protecting your movable property, we will suggest a suitable maximum compensation based on the floor area of your home. If you wish, you can increase the maximum compensation. As an owner-customer of an OP cooperative bank you are entitled to a deductible benefit of 250 euros, which means that you might not pay any deductible in case of fire, storm and criminal damage to your house, if you have an insurance policy for a separate house.

Pohjola Claim Help at your service in case of loss or damage. Whether you are dealing with water damage to your home, a theft or a broken movable, you will find comprehensive instructions for loss events in a separate house at the Claim Help service.

Insurance for a separate house, outbuildings and outdoor structures on the premises

The outbuildings and outdoor structures on the premises and the garden are not automatically included in the insurance policy for a separate house; they must be insured by a separate policy. If you want to insure the outdoor structures, outbuildings or garden of a separate house belonging to a housing company, just contact our experts by phone at 010 253 1333 (in English), Mon–Fri 9.00-18.00, 0303 0303 (in Finnish).

Cover for movables outside the home

A home insurance policy for a separate house protects your movables outside the house, too. The insurance covers damage up to 5,000 euros for breakage of your belongings occurring outside your home but within the Nordic Countries. If your belongings get stolen from a motor vehicle, a trailer or from a storage unit outside a motor vehicle or trailer, the boot of a motor vehicle, a boat or a tent, the insurance covers losses up to 1,000 euros. However, the prerequisite is that the loss occurs less than 50 kilometres away from your home, your place of study or your holiday home.

If your home insurance is valid while you are moving house, we also cover damage occurring if, for example, you TV set falls and breaks during removal. Be sure to insure your new flat or house without delay, as moving cover applies only to your insured belongings.

Shareholders’ extended liability

We recommend that you pay special attention to the maximum compensation for parts of your home and that you set the right amount. Our Home Insurance will also cover liabilities transferred to shareholders in the housing company’s articles of association, such as the costs of the property’s HVAC engineering, plumbing and even roofing work. 

We utilise an automated decision-making process in insurance decisions. Read more about automated decision-making


In most cases, we compensate home contents for up to 5,000 euros when they are temporarily outside your home.

We compensate home contents up to 1,000 euros if they are stolen from, for example, your car, trailer, boat or tent that is in the yard of your home, place of study or holiday home or a straight-line distance of 50 km from them.

If you have valuable jewellery, instruments or a camera with objectives, their value may easily exceed the 5,000 euro limit. If this is the case, your best choice is to insure important items with Valuables Insurance.

As a Pohjola Insurance prime customer you will receive discounts benefits. When you are also an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you have access to even better benefits and discounts and the bonuses you have received as an owner-customer are used for your insurance premiums.

The product details on this page apply to the presently offered MyHome home insurance. The insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.

To view the terms and conditions of your home insurance, visit the Omat vakuutukset (in Finnish) section in the op.fi service

Move to Omat vakuutukset section (in Finnish)