Myös rekisteröimättömät moottoripyörät tarvitsevat liikennevakuutuksen.

Insurance for other motor vehicles

Insurance for unregistered motorcycles and other special vehicles

Insurance also for unregistered vehicles

As a rule, statutory motor liability insurance must be taken out even for unregistered vehicles.


Cover against theft and fire

In addition to the motor liability insurance that is mandatory, most vehicles can also be insured against theft and fire losses, for example.


Owner-customer benefits

As an owner-customer, you will get a discount on your policies and also receive OP bonuses.

The obligation to take out motor liability insurance also applies to unregistered vehicles

Motor vehicles may be involved in a loss in a road, yard, woods or even on ice. Therefore, the obligation to take out motor liability insurance also applies to unregistered vehicles or motor vehicles used on other than roads. For example, motor liability insurance must be taken out for quad bikes intended for use by children or electronic vehicles that can exceeds 25km/h.

If you are not sure whether you should take out motor liability insurance for your vehicle, contact our customer service and let’s find out.

Motor liability insurance covers the innocent party's property damage and all parties’ personal injuries.
Useimmille ajoneuvoille saat liikennevakuutuksen lisäksi turvaa palon ja varkauden varalta.

Insurance for motocross and enduro motorcycles

Motor liability insurance must also be taken out for unregistered motocross, enduro, trial or road racing motorcycles, because they are often used in the woods or areas that are not quite shut off from other traffic. If an accident occurs, motor liability insurance covers property damage to the innocent party, and personal injuries of all parties.

Your motor liability insurance does not cover damage to your own vehicle. If you have an unregistered motorcycle, you can take out not only motor liability insurance but also Medium Motor Insurance, which covers theft, fire, animal collision and legal expense losses. Buy insurance for an unregistered motorcycle by contacting our customer service.

Insure special vehicles by contacting the customer service

We insure not only unregistered motorcycles but also privately owned working machines, karts, racing cars, golf carts and off-road cars.

Motor liability insurance is mandatory, and most vehicles can also be insured against theft and fire losses, for example. For more details about various insurance options, please contact our customer service.

Mies huoltaa moottoripyörää
Motorcycle insurance
Museoajoneuvo kannattaa vakuuttaa huolella.
Museum vehicle insurance

Owner-customer benefits

If you are our owner-customer and have policies from three product lines, you are entitled to an almost 10% discount on most policies and a discount of nearly 18% on comprehensive motor vehicle insurance with no-claims bonus. If you are aged between 18 and 27, you can get a 21% discount on almost all home and family insurance policies.

Other benefits

  • A 40% increase in the sum insured under life insurance
  • 200-euro benefit of the deductible under MyHome Insurance
  • one-year, free-of-charge life insurance for parents with a child under one year of age

OP bonuses

Owner-members not only get OP bonuses for home, family and vehicle insurance premiums, but also for

  • loans
  • savings and investments
  • funds in accounts
  • purchases you have paid with OP-Visa credit.

OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.

The insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd. OP cooperative banks are acting as Pohjola Insurance Ltd’s representatives.