Home insurance for a semi-detached

Security to your home and movable property.

Home insurance just right for you

You can select the extent and deductibles for the home insurance of a semi-detached house that are just right for you.


Deductible benefit of 250 euros for OP cooperative bank's owner-customers

The deductible in fire, natural phenomenon and crime losses may be zero for owner-customers.


Benefits for OP cooperative bank's owner-customers

As an owner-customer, you will get a discount on your policies and also receive OP bonuses.

Are you moving house and have your home insurance with us?‍

You can easily update your home insurance by logging into www.op.fi and changing the place of insurance of your current policy.

What does the home insurance of a semi-detached cover?

Home insurance is an easy way to prepare against unpleasant surprises. Home insurance for a semi-detached covers you and your property in case of theft, fire, sudden leak loss or breakage, for example. When you use home insurance also to insure parts of your house, you can, for example, include surface materials and fittings of a semi-detached home owned by a housing company. You can select and buy Comprehensive Home Insurance easily in our webshop.

You can buy home insurance for a semi-detached house owned by a housing company in our online shop. If the semi-detached is not owned by a housing company, you can insure the building and your movable property by contacting our customer service.

Are you worried about your extended liability for renovation costs as a shareholder? Set the right amount of maximum compensation for each part of your home in order for your home insurance to also cover exceptional liabilities transferred to shareholders under the housing company’s articles of association, such as the costs of HVAC engineering or even roofing work for the property.

Home insurance provides coverage also when you move house

When you inform us in advance, you can move to a new home without a worry. Home insurance is never transferred automatically to the new address, but it will cover your property also during the removal. We compensate to you if, for example, you TV set falls and breaks during removal. Be sure to insure your new flat or house without delay, as moving cover applies only to your insured belongings.

The coverage of home insurance should also be reviewed if the value of your property changes considerably. All the best with the move and with your new home.

Semi-detached house outbuildings, outdoor structures and garden

At best, Home Insurance for a semi-detached house covers your home contents and parts of the home. The outbuildings, outdoor structures and garden connected with your semi-detached house’s can if necessary be insured with separate insurance.

If you need to insure the outdoor structures, outbuildings or garden of a semi-detached house belonging to a housing company, contact our experts by phone (tel. 0303 0303).

Did you know that if you, for example, remodel your kitchen, you can also insure your cupboards, home appliances and surface materials?

Hannu Partanen Product Specialist, Pohjola Insurance

General liability and legal expenses insurance included in your home insurance

It may happen that you or your family member causes losses or injuries to other people or their property by accident. Fortunately general liability insurance included under your home insurance provides compensation if you cause loss to others for which you are by law liable. General liability insurance will compensate if, for example, your dog bites a passer-by or you cause a road accident when cycling. 

Legal expenses insurance, included in home insurance, is available if you need to make a claim for costs of legal assistance related disputed and non-contentious civil cases and criminal cases. If is important that you make sure your legal expenses insurance continues uninterrupted when you move house or change insurance companies.

We utilise an automated decision-making process in insurance decisions. Read more about automated decision-making


We recommend that you insure not only the movable property of your home but also parts of the flat. By ‘parts of a flat’, we mean

  • fittings and fixtures
  • fixed machinery and equipment, and structures
  • surface materials on the floors, walls and ceilings.

The housing company’s real estate insurance compensates any losses to an owner-occupied flat up to the basic level in accordance with the insurance conditions. By basic level we as a rule mean the level of accessories the home had right after being completed. Any basic improvements carried out in the entire housing company are also included in the basic level.

If a shareholder or the tenant has, for example, as part of a renovation changed the surface materials to better ones or installed new parts to the flat, these are not included in the basic level. This is why any modifications or improvements must by insured by a home insurance policy taken out by the shareholder or tenant. 

As a Pohjola Insurance prime customer you will receive discounts benefits. When you are also an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you have access to even better benefits and discounts and the bonuses you have received as an owner-customer are used for your insurance premiums.

The product details on this page apply to the presently offered MyHome home insurance. The insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.

To view the terms and conditions of your home insurance, visit the Omat vakuutukset (in Finnish) section in the op.fi service

Move to Omat vakuutukset section (in Finnish)