OP-Visa BasicDebit card for a child or young person. OP-Visa Basic can be used for secure purchases in Finland, abroad and online.
Account always up to date
The account balance is always checked when paying with the card. Payments are debited directly from the account, and the card has no credit option.
Secure debit card for children and young persons
OP-Visa Basic is available for ages 7 and up. With this card, young people and children can securely start practising spending and learning card use.
- Debit feature: purchases are always debited immediately from the account.
- With the contactless payment feature, you can pay purchases of up to 50 euros quickly without entering your PIN number.
- The account balance is always verified when a purchase or withdrawal is made with this card. Checking the card’s balance requires an Internet connection from the payment terminal to the bank. Because of this, the card is not always accepted on board train, ship or aircraft.
- You can also add the K-Plussa feature for the card.
Security and safety
- You can set separate limits for cash withdrawals, purchases requiring preauthorisation and online payments made with the card.
- The card’s account can be linked to the guardian’s OP-mobile, enabling monitoring and easy money transfers to the young cardholder’s account.
- Visa Secure protects the online payments. Card payments made online are approved by verifying yourself using Mobile key or your online bank user identifiers.
2.75 euros per month. Customers under 26 years of age are entitled to one card free of charge. For owner-customers, the bank’s service charges are primarily debited from OP bonuses.
Information about the card
The application process of a card for a minor can start through customer service but completing the process always requires a visit to a bank branch.
If guardians cannot visit the branch at the same time, one of the guardians can create a power of attorney in advance to authorise the other guardian to apply for the card. OP’s customer can create a power of attorney on the op.fi service. After login, you can find the power of attorney for a minor’s banking transactions under your name in “Oma profiili” (My profile). It pays to create the power of attorney in one go for all minor’s banking transactions of your choice. The power of attorney is valid until the minor is 18 years of age.
If the other guardian has no OP user ID, please contact OP’s Customer Service.
The minor must be present in person at the branch when applying for the card so that matters related to the use of the card can be talked through with the minor. The minor must also bring a personal ID document, such as a passport or a moped driving licence, for verification of identity.
If the minor wants to use the card for online shopping or link it to applications or services as the payment method, OP’s user ID is needed for that purpose. Personal OP’s user ID can be given to a young person at the age of 15.
Read more about OP’s user ID for young persons
- International bank card without a credit facility.
- Consent from the parents/guardians is required for a card granted to a minor.
- The card is linked to the cardholder's own bank account.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Please note that the OP-Visa Basic card is not always accepted on board train, ship or aircraft.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- Using the OP Junior app with OP-Visa Basic is unfortunately not possible.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card.
- Monthly charge is €2.75.
- The charge of an individual OP member cooperative bank may differ from this recommended charge.
- One card is free of charge for those under 26 years.
- For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for the card in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set day-specific spending/withdrawal limits separately for cash withdrawals, pre-authorised card purchases and online payments as well as other distance purchases.
- At the age of over 15, you can change the spending and withdrawal limits of your card at op.fi or on OP-mobile, provided that you have OP’s user ID. If you have no OP’s user ID, you can change the spending and withdrawal limits by calling OP Customer Service at 0100 0500 or by visiting a bank branch.
- The guardian may change the spending and withdrawal limits of the minor’s card with a message at op.fi.
Please note that, in addition to the card’s spending and withdrawal limit, the account too may have a spending and withdrawal limit that restricts card payments.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
Add your card to Apple Pay or Pivo. These payment apps enable you to pay in stores and online with just your smartphone. You don’t need your card or card details at the time of payment.
Paying with Apple Pay or Pivo at a store is contactless, you just take your smartphone near the reader. You can also pay for purchases of over 50 euros.
- When paying for your purchase with your card, you can withdraw a maximum of 200 euros with the card.
- Cash withdrawals with OP-Visa Basic are not subject to a charge.
- Cash withdrawal is subject pre-authorisation hold, i.e. the same principle applies to such cash withdrawals as that to ATM cash withdrawals. You can see both the purchase and the cash withdrawal itemised on you bank statement.
The card is granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.