How to get OP's user ID
✓ Get OP's user ID from a bank branch or digitally
If you don't have an OP user ID yet, grab your passport or identity card and visit a branch. If you already have the user identifiers of another Finnish bank, you can become our customer online. Become our customer online
✓ Download the OP-mobile app and get Mobile key too
Once you have OP's user ID, you can identify yourself with a username, password and key code list on our digital services. To make your use of services as easy as possible, enable OP-mobile and Mobile key on your smartphone or tablet. You'll need your username, password and key code list to enable them. Read more about OP-mobile or Learn more about Mobile key
✓ Make all family members' use of services smooth
Did you know that children can use our digital services with limited features? Read more about user IDs for minors
You can also handle matters on behalf of, say, your elderly parents with your user ID and a power of attorney. Learn more about handling matters on behalf of a loved one
For what purposes can I use OP's user ID?
- You can use the user ID for identifying yourself when you log into OP's digital services and for paying on such online services that have the button for OP's online payment.
- If you have a strong electronic identification means, such as OP User ID, you can also identify yourself on public services like the Suomi.fi service, Kela or MyKanta. You can also prove your identity with it when signing documents like agreements or applications.
- With an OP Corporate User ID, you can identify yourself to use OP's digital services for companies and do transactions for one or several companies that you represent.
Five steps to easier use of the user ID
It is easy and safe use the user ID when you keep the following five things in mind:
- Don't reveal your user ID to anyone. If anyone asks for your user ID, or if you're asked to enter it on a suspicious page, don't give your user ID. Bank employees, police officers, tax authorities, merchants or anyone else do not need to have your user ID – only criminals will ask you for it. Keep your user ID so that no one else has access to it.
- Immediately deactivate a user ID that has gone missing or fallen into the wrong hands. If you suspect that your user ID has fallen into the wrong hands or an online fraudster or some other criminal has gained access to it or it goes missing, deactivate your user ID immediately. Deactivate your user ID by calling OP Customer Service at 0100 0500 (local/mobile network rate) or OP Deactivation Service at 0100 0555 (24/7, local/mobile network rate).
- Always keep your key code list. You'll need your old key code list to enable Mobile key on another device or when you start using a new key code list. Replace, order or deactivate a key code list
- If you visit a branch concerning user identifiers, bring a valid passport or identity card with you. In matters related to identification, you always need to present your passport or identity card at the branch. Learn more about passport requirements and accepted identity documents
- Make sure that we have your phone number. Your personal phone number must be linked to your user ID so that you can receive SMSes. When needed, we'll send you an SMS with the details of the transaction requiring further confirmation to this number. This is to ensure that it is you who is using the user ID. Check your phone number for further confirmation
Ordering and managing a user ID
You can handle most things concerning your user ID on the op.fi service. Under Manage user ID, you can order a new key code list, deactivate your user ID and check your further confirmation phone number.
You can check a forgotten username easily on OP-mobile. In the lower right corner of OP-mobile, select More – Settings – Identification – OP username, and then follow the app's instructions.