Using cards and PINs carefully
- Learn the card's PIN by heart and destroy the letter which the bank sent to inform you of the PIN. Do not write your PIN on your card or elsewhere.
- Never give your card or disclose your PIN to anyone – neither banks nor the authorities would ever ask you for them.
- Keep your card as safe as you would keep cash. Every now and again, check that your card is where it should be.
- Never leave your card unattended, for example, in a car, hotel room or on a table in a restaurant. If your own carelessness contributes to fraudulent use of your card, you will be personally liable for fraud-induced losses in part or in full. For example, you should never keep your card's PIN in the same place as your card.
- When you get a new card, destroy the old one by cutting it in half across the chip and magnetic stripe.
Setting spending and withdrawal limits for your card
You can set daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold, and online payments and other distance purchases. Set limits on both the Credit and Debit facility. Spending and withdrawal limits do not include account transfers and bill payments using the credit facility via OP online services.
You can set and change spending and withdrawal limits via OP’s online service according to need. The new limits will take effect immediately.
In addition, you can set a transaction limit to restrict card payments. This will set limits on the use of your account and card in any one day.
Monitoring of card transactions and incorrect claims
Monitor your card and account transactions, to catch any cases of fraud at the earliest possible stage.
If you find that your bank statement or credit card bill has card transactions that you were unaware of, cancel your card without delay by calling the OP Deactivation Service at 0100 0555 (local/mobile network rate, open 24/7). You can then submit a request for information, or complaint, about the card transactions.
For reasons related to card security, our Card Security Service may contact you by sending you an SMS. This means an inquiry related to card security. If you get such a message, call our Card Security Service at 010 252 1530 (open 24/7). Call charges:
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from land-line phones in Finland or mobile phone subscriptions (VAT included).