Set spending and withdrawal limits for your card
It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for the payment card in the case of the loss of the card or fraud. You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases. Set the limits separately on your card's Credit and Debit side. Account transfers and bill payments made on OP eServices using the credit side are not included in the spending/withdrawal limits.
You can set and change such limits on OP eServices. New limits take effect immediately. We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Please note that the account may have a spending or withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending or withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Keep your card and PIN safe
- Learn the card's PIN by heart and destroy the letter sent from the bank containing the PIN. Do not indicate your PIN in your card or elsewhere.
- Never give your card to anyone or never disclose your PIN to anyone – not even a bank or the authorities will ask you for it in any circumstances.
- Keep your card as safe as cash. Ensure every now and then that your card is safe.
- Do not leave your card unattended, for example, in a car, hotel room or on a table in a restaurant. If your own carelessness contributes to the fraud of your card, you are personally liable for fraud-induced losses in part or in full. For example, you may never keep your card's PIN in the same place with your card.
- When you get a new card, destroy the old one by cutting it in half at the chip and magnetic stripe.
Watch your card transactions and make a complaint about any errors
If you find that your bank statement or credit card bill has card transactions unknown to you, cancel your card without delay by calling OP Deactivation Service at 0100 0555 (local/mobile network rate, open 24/7). You can then submit a request for information, or complaint, about the card transactions.
For reasons related to card security, Card Security Service may contact you by sending you an SMS. This means an inquiry related to card security. If you get such a message, call our Card Security Service at 010 252 1530 (open 24/7). Call charges:
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from land-line phones in Finland (VAT included).
- €0.0835 per call + €0.167 per minute from mobile subscriptions (VAT included).