OP-Visa PlatinumIt’s time to enjoy life. OP-Visa Platinum helps you focus on what is essential. Save time and money. Travel without worries. Pay with the debit or credit feature anywhere.
Travel Insurance, Travel Cancellation Cover and Rental Car Insurance for journeys
OP-Visa Platinum is the number one choice for frequent travellers. The card includes comprehensive Pohjola Travel Insurance and Travel Cancellation Cover. Rental Car Insurance removes the deductible of a leased car up to EUR 2,000 abroad, so you can hire a car without having to take out expensive supplementary insurance from the car rental firm.
Priority Pass opens doors to lounges
Priority Pass gives you and one companion free-of-charge access to lounges in hundreds of airports.
Concierge service makes your life easier
A free-of-charge Concierge service will help run your errands. You can call the assistant to book a hotel room, arrange a flower delivery, or find a birthday gift.
Celebrate your dream swing with Hole-in-One insurance
With Hole-in-One insurance, you can celebrate a dream swing with champagne together with your fellow players.
Identity theft protection gives you a peace of mind
The card includes Identity Theft Protection which will provide you with specialist assistance for preventing identity theft or minimising its impact.
- Pay with the debit or credit feature. Pay contactless for your purchases below 50 euros.
- Flexibility for life. Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros – credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- When paying by credit, the interest-free billing period is 35 days on average.
- Owner-customers get a 180-day Product Protection Insurance. The products you have paid for with OP-Visa Gold are covered against breakage or theft for six months from the date of purchase up to EUR 2,000.
- Cut down your number of cards. Add a K-Plussa card to your OP-Visa.
- Pay with Pivo. Your new card will be available in the Pivo payment app almost immediately after ordering.
Support and help with your card 24/7
The OP-Visa Platinum customer service at +358 (0) 100 0510 helps you with any questions relating to your card 24/7. The same number can be used for the Concierge service, Identity Theft Protection, and insurance services.
An OP-Visa Platinum package costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card.
Supplementary services for the card
Pohjola Travel Insurance includes both insurance of the person and luggage insurance. In addition to you, those insured are members of your family aged under 18. You do not have to pay for your trip with the card for the insurance policies to be valid.
- Travel insurance is valid for journey of a maximum of 45 days during your leisure time everywhere in the world. In Finland, travel insurance is valid on journeys with a straight-line distance of over 50 kilometres from the home, place of work or study or holiday home of the insured. The insurance cover is not, however, valid at the above locations or on journeys between them.
- Pohjola Insurance's unparalleled network of foreign services is available to you, whose offices pay compensation directly on the spot, help choosing doctors and hospitals and acquiring offence documents and records of an investigation. Pohjola Insurance's own claims experts answer emergency calls 24/7.
- When you are travelling abroad, Pohjola Insurance's 24-h Travel Emergency Service +358 10 253 0011 will help you to find a reliable doctor or hospital, give you personal assistance if you fall ill or have an accident, provide you with a payment commitment for hospital treatment, surgery or other procedure and help you get in touch with a doctor with whom you can discuss, for example, treatment that has been suggested to you.
- When making a claim, please inform the insurance company the travel insurance number 16-634-291-2.
Travel Cancellation Cover
Your OP-Visa Platinum card includes Travel Cancellation Cover issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd. The Travel Cancellation Cover included in your OP-Visa Platinum
enables you to improve your insurance coverage considerably in case you need to cancel your journey abroad. When you have paid your journey abroad or the related services using your OP-Visa Platinum as a credit card, you can cancel your journey for any reason, say, due to a work-related obstacle. You are entitled to 75% compensation of the amount of costs arising from cancellation if you have to cancel a journey abroad, the related accommodation or various journey-related services, such as a rental car, excursion, concert tickets, diving lessons etc.
Terms and conditions:
Forget crowded airport concourses – enjoy the peace and privacy of a lounge. Priority Pass card that comes with OP-Visa Platinum entitles you and one of your companions to visit the lounge in hundreds of airports for free.
In the lounge, in addition to refreshments and restaurant services you will have at your disposal Wi-Fi, free newspapers and magazines, option to work in comfortable and quiet premises or conference rooms, entertainment and possibility of showering or resting. You will always have access to the lounges regardless of your airline or flight class.
• Enjoy the privacy afforded by Priority Pass in more than 1,000 VIP lounges in over 130 countries and 500 cities around the world.
• The lounges are listed at www.prioritypass.com.
• When visiting a lounge, you are expected to present your Priority Pass.
OP-Visa Platinum service serves you in Priority Pass matters at 0100 0510 (select 5: Additional Platinum services).
Concierge service is there for you help, for example, in planning your trip, booking a hotel room, arranging flower deliveries or ordering tickets for various events. It also helps you in booking a table. Concierge service can show you, say, the nearest golf course wherever in the world you are. This is how you can enjoy your journey without worries about routine arrangements.
Concierge service is free of charge but tickets, flowers, guidance and other services you have ordered will be debited from your card.
More information about the concierge service, call card's own telephone service 0100 0510 (select 5: Concierge).
The card comes with Identity Theft Protection service that helps prevent, detect and limit identity fraud. Experienced specialists are there for you when you need help. You will get personal service 24/7 throughout the year.
In identity theft, someone, maybe even a person closely associated with you, obtains your personal data and exploits it for financial gain, seeking to commit fraud or other criminal acts, such as applying for a loan, without your permission. This can happen to anyone and anytime. Your data can also fall into the wrong hands due to a data leak or a lost or stolen passport or driving licence. It is quite possible that the fraudster raises loans, buys mobile phone subscriptions, orders items or applies for the registration of title to your property. While the fraudster keeps everything of value, you will be left with the obligations and demands for payment. Falling victim to identity theft is unpleasant, time-consuming and may lead to financial losses.
Identity Theft Protection specialists help you take preventive measures and provide you with instructions on how to minimise the risk of falling victim to fraud. If you suspect that you have fallen victim to identity theft, the specialists will help you investigate the extent of identity theft to prevent misuse and financial loss. If you have fallen victim to identity theft or financial fraud, the specialists will help you investigate the situation and limit the consequences by helping you
- dispute unfounded demands for payment
- cancel any ordered subscriptions
- have payment default entries issued by credit information agencies erased
If you are our owner-customer, your OP-Visa card will automatically include the new Product Protection Insurance.Product Protection Insurance Covers card purchases with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities
Your purchases are insured regardless of whether you pay for them with the card’s credit or debit facility.Coverage from blunders for 180 days
Your card purchases are covered for six months from the time of purchase in Finland, abroad and in online stores.Free-of-charge insurance only for owner-customers
Product Protection Insurance is only included in the OP-Visa cards held by OP cooperative bank’s owner-customers and in joint cards linked to them.Product Protection Insurance protects your card purchases from blunders
Sometimes all sorts of things happen, the phone slips from your hand or coffee spills on your laptop. Luckily, Product Protection Insurance covers card purchases made with OP-Visa from blunders for six months. You can enjoy this benefit for owner-customers by actively purchasing with your OP-Visa card.
Product Protection Insurance is a free insurance for owner-customers who have an OP-Visa Credit/Debit combination card, OP-Visa Gold, OP-Visa Platinum, or an OP-Mastercard. Joint holders of any of these cards are also entitled to the benefit, if the principal card-holder is an owner-customer. The insurance cannot be bought separately.Coverage for your purchases, also those made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance covers your purchases paid with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities in Finland, abroad and in online stores. The insurance covers purchases that conform to the terms and conditions for 180 days from the time when the card-holder acquires the item.
Product Protection Insurance may provide cover, for example, if your brand-new spectacles get broken, your new tablet falls to the floor or ground and gets broken or the screen of your mobile phone is damaged. The deductible is EUR 75, and up to EUR 2,000 is compensated for an individual item.Insurance benefit for owner-customers
By becoming our owner-customer you are entitled, in addition to the Product Protection Insurance, to, for example, daily banking services at a lower cost and you earn value-for-money OP bonuses which offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds with no charges.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by OP Insurance Ltd.
Did you succeed in making a hole in one? The insurance covers the “costs” of champagne that you offer to your co-players after you have made a hole in one in the same course.
More information about the OP-Visa Platinum service, 0100 0510.
The OP-Visa Platinum card comes with two key chains equipped with a personal number. The person who has found the keys is asked to drop them in the nearest post box. The keys will be delivered the keys to you as registered mail.
If the key chains have been damaged, you can get once a year a new one free of charge by calling the OP-Visa Platinum service, tel. 0100 0510. More information can also be found on the website of OP-Visa Platinum customers.
Information about the card
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
Owner-customers earn OP bonuses from:
Funds in savings accounts
Home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
Mutual funds and unit-linked insurance assets
Insurance premiums paid, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
Adjust your payment card's spending/withdrawal limits, credit limit and repayment schedule easily at op.fi or on OP-mobile. Remember to use the benefits offered by your card!
- An OP-Visa Platinum package costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14.15% (1/2020). This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,146.75 euros.
The card is granted by OP Card Company Plc.