OP PlatinumA unique card for unforgettable experiences. You get a selection of benefits, worry-free travel and peace of mind in all of life’s moments.
OP Platinum will be upgraded in May
The additional services of OP Platinum will be upgraded from 1 May 2023. You get an even better selection of benefits, worry-free travel and peace of mind in all of life’s moments. Many of the existing benefits will remain unchanged and some will end.
Travel Insurance, Travel Cancellation Cover and Rental Car Insurance for journeys
OP Platinum is the number one choice for frequent travellers. The card includes comprehensive Pohjola Travel Insurance and Travel Cancellation Cover. Rental Car Insurance removes the deductible of a leased car up to EUR 2,000 in Finland and abroad.
Priority Pass opens doors to lounges
Priority Pass gives you and one companion free-of-charge access to lounges in hundreds of airports.
Concierge service makes your life easier
A free-of-charge Concierge service will help run your errands. You can call the assistant to book a hotel room, arrange a flower delivery, or find a birthday gift.
Celebrate your dream swing with Hole-in-One insurance
With Hole-in-One insurance, you can celebrate a dream swing with champagne together with your fellow players.
Identity theft protection gives you a peace of mind
The card includes Identity Theft Protection which will provide you with specialist assistance for preventing identity theft or minimising its impact.
- Pay with the debit or credit feature. Pay contactless for your purchases below 50 euros.
- Flexibility for life. Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros – credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- When paying by credit, the interest-free billing period is 35 days on average.
- Credit card company cover for credit purchases. Under the Consumer Protection Act, you can apply for a refund from your credit card company if a retailer breaches a sales contract for a purchase made with credit.
- Owner-customers get Product Protection Insurance for the products you have paid for with OP Platinum. Products are covered against breakage or theft for 365 days and up to EUR 2,000.
- Cut down your number of cards. Add a K-Plussa card to your OP's Visa card.
- Add your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay™️ to pay easily with a smart device wherever you are.
Support with your card
The OP Platinum customer service at +358 (0) 100 0510 helps you with any questions relating to your card. The same number can be used for the Concierge service, Identity Theft Protection, and insurance services.
Get a handy info card for your phone where you can find all OP Platinum benefits and the related contact information. The info card is saved to Apple Wallet in iOS phones and YourWallet in Android phones, which can be downloaded from the app store. Save the info card to your phone at op.fi/platinum-info-card.
An OP Platinum package costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card, and the selected billing method (incl. paper bill charge).
Supplementary services for the card
Forget crowded airport concourses – enjoy the peace and privacy of a VIP lounge. Priority Pass card that comes with OP Platinum entitles you and one of your companions to visit the VIP lounge in hundreds of airports for free.
In the VIP lounge, in addition to refreshments and restaurant services you will have at your disposal Wi-Fi, free newspapers and magazines, option to work in comfortable and quiet premises or conference rooms, entertainment and possibility of showering or resting. You will always have access to the lounges regardless of your airline or flight class.
- Enjoy the privacy afforded by Priority Pass in more than 1,000 VIP lounges in over 130 countries and 500 cities around the world.
- The lounges are listed at www.prioritypass.com.
- When visiting a VIP lounge, you are expected to present your Priority Pass.
OP-Visa Platinum service serves you in Priority Pass matters at 0100 0510 (select 5: Additional Platinum services).
Pohjola Travel Insurance includes both insurance of the person and luggage insurance. In addition to you, those insured are members of your family aged under 18. You do not have to pay for your trip with the card for the insurance policies to be valid.
Travel insurance is valid for journey of a maximum of 45 days during your leisure time everywhere in the world. In Finland, travel insurance is valid on journeys with a straight-line distance of over 50 kilometres from the home, place of work or study or holiday home of the insured. The insurance cover is not, however, valid at the above locations or on journeys between them.
Pohjola Insurance's unparalleled network of foreign services is available to you, whose offices pay compensation directly on the spot, help choosing doctors and hospitals and acquiring offence documents and records of an investigation. Pohjola Insurance's own claims experts answer emergency calls 24/7.
When you are travelling abroad, Pohjola Insurance's 24-h Travel Emergency Service +358 10 253 0011 will help you to find a reliable doctor or hospital, give you personal assistance if you fall ill or have an accident, provide you with a payment commitment for hospital treatment, surgery or other procedure and help you get in touch with a doctor with whom you can discuss, for example, treatment that has been suggested to you.
When making a claim, please inform the insurance company the travel insurance number 16-634-291-2.
Travel Cancellation Cover
Your OP Platinum card includes Travel Cancellation Cover issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd. The Travel Cancellation Cover included in your OP Platinum
enables you to improve your insurance coverage considerably in case you need to cancel your journey abroad. When you have paid your journey abroad or the related services using your OP Platinum as a credit card, you can cancel your journey for any reason, say, due to a work-related obstacle. You are entitled to 75% compensation of the amount of costs arising from cancellation if you have to cancel a journey abroad, the related accommodation or various journey-related services, such as a rental car, excursion, concert tickets, diving lessons etc.
Terms and conditions:
- Statement of coverage (pdf)
- OP Platinum Travel cancellation cover: Statement of coverage and insurance terms and conditions (pdf)
- Insurance terms and conditions (pdf)
- As an owner-customer, you will get a refund if the product you purchased breaks or is stolen within one year from the time of purchase.
- You won’t need to buy separate insurance for new items, such as phones.
- The deductible is only 75 euros, which is less than with a traditional home insurance.
Which purchases are covered by Product Protection Insurance?
Accidents happen to all of us from time to time, from dropping a phone on the floor to spilling coffee on a laptop or breaking your brand-new glasses.
Product Protection Insurance covers purchases made with Platinum against breakage. In other words, you won’t need to buy separate insurance for new items, such as phones.
When is the insurance valid?
The insurance covers credit and debit purchases made with OP Platinum, meaning your purchases are always insured if you pay for them with OP Platinum.
The insurance provides cover for the purchases for 365 days or one year from the cardholder receiving the product.
Product Protection Insurance covers the purchases whether you pay for them online, at a brick-and-mortar location or through a service like Apple Pay.
Does the insurance have a deductible or maximum compensation amount?
In the event of loss, the insurance has a deductible of 75 euros. The maximum compensation per item is 2,000 euros.
What to do if something happens?
If something happens, filing a loss report is simple on OP-mobile or at op.fi.
Product Protection Insurance terms and conditions and additional information
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.
- Read more about Product Protection Insurance
- Product Protection Insurance product description (valid from 1.11.2021) (pdf)
- Product Protection Insurance terms and conditions (valid from 1.11.2021) (pdf)
Under the Consumer Protection Act, you can apply for a refund from your credit card company if a retailer breaches a sales contract for a purchase made with credit. Breach of contract occurs if a product or service you bought with credit is defective or lost in transport, or the company goes bankrupt and you never receive the product.
You can also apply for a refund if your airline or tour operator goes bankrupt or cancels your journey without paying you back.
Start by trying to handle the matter with the company that sold the product or service — this will help you to demonstrate breach of contract. File a complaint with the credit card company as soon as it becomes clear that the seller is in breach of contract.
The card comes with Identity Theft Protection service that helps prevent, detect and limit identity fraud. You will get personal service from experienced specialists who are there for you when you need help.
In identity theft, someone, maybe even a person closely associated with you, obtains your personal data and exploits it for financial gain, seeking to commit fraud or other criminal acts, such as applying for a loan, without your permission. This can happen to anyone and anytime. Your data can also fall into the wrong hands due to a data leak or a lost or stolen passport or driving licence. It is quite possible that the fraudster raises loans, buys mobile phone subscriptions, orders items or applies for the registration of title to your property. While the fraudster keeps everything of value, you will be left with the obligations and demands for payment. Falling victim to identity theft is unpleasant, time-consuming and may lead to financial losses.
Identity Theft Protection specialists help you take preventive measures and provide you with instructions on how to minimise the risk of falling victim to fraud. If you suspect that you have fallen victim to identity theft, the specialists will help you investigate the extent of identity theft to prevent misuse and financial loss. If you have fallen victim to identity theft or financial fraud, the specialists will help you investigate the situation and limit the consequences by helping you
- dispute unfounded demands for payment
- cancel any ordered subscriptions
- have payment default entries issued by credit information agencies erased
You can use the worldwide Concierge service to order a delivery of flowers to a friend in Finland or abroad, for example. The Concierge can also help you find and deliver birthday gifts to a spouse or godchild, for example, or book a rental holiday home for you for Midsummer or a trip to Lapland in the autumn. With Concierge you can conveniently book tickets to concerts, musicals and sports events and make dinner reservations and guest list reservations at restaurants and night clubs in the Nordic countries. You can also ask tips and advice from our experts who have local partners and extensive networks.
The Concierge is available from Monday to Friday 09.00 am–22.00 pm and Saturdays 10.00-18.00 by calling OP Platinum customer service on 0100 0510, selection 5.
The service can be used as often as you want and is free of charge. Any purchases you make will be charged to your card.
Did you succeed in making a hole in one? The insurance covers the “costs” of champagne that you offer to your co-players after you have made a hole in one in the same course.
More information about the OP Platinum service, 0100 0510.
The OP Platinum card comes with two key chains equipped with a personal number. The person who has found the keys is asked to drop them in the nearest post box. The keys will be delivered the keys to you as registered mail.
If the key chains have been damaged, you can get once a year a new one free of charge by calling the OP Platinum service, tel. 0100 0510. More information can also be found on the website of OP Platinum customers.
OP Platinum card customer service 0100 0510 (open 24/7)
- Select 1: OP Platinum card customer service, open 24/7
- Select 2: Card deactivation service, open 24/7
- Select 3: Insurance services or travel insurance, travel cancellation cover, hole in one, product protection insurance, open Mon–Fri 8–17. Rental car insurance is open Mon–Fri 9–17.
- Select 4: Identity theft protection, open 24/7
- Select 5: Concierge service, Priority Pass and Recovery service for a lost key, open Mon–Fri 9–22, Sat 10–18
Get a handy info card for your phone where you can find all OP Platinum benefits and the related contact information. The info card is saved to Apple Wallet in IOS phones and YourWallet in Android phones, which can be downloaded from the app store. Save the info card to your phone at op.fi/platinum-info-card or by scanning a QR code.
Information about the card
- An OP Platinum package costs 50.00 euros per month, including the card’s monthly charge of 2.95 euros and the supplementary services linked to the card, and the selected billing method (incl. paper bill charge).
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 8.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 17,93% (01/2023). The calculation does not take into account the owner-customer's or other discounts. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, free of charge e-invoicing is in use, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,176.60 euros.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
You can link your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay. These payment apps let you make payments in stores, online and in apps with just your smartphone. You don’t need your card or card details at the time of payment.
With Apple Pay or Google Pay, you can also make contactless payments over 50 euros.
You can enable Apple Pay or Google Pay if you have personal customer’s OP's credentials. Note that you need to be at least 13 years old to use Apple Pay and at least 16 years old to use Google Pay.
Adjust your payment card's spending/withdrawal limits, credit limit and repayment schedule easily at op.fi or on OP-mobile. Remember to use the benefits offered by your card!
OP cooperative bank owner-customers earn OP bonuses from:
Funds in savings accounts
Home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
Mutual funds and unit-linked insurance assets
Insurance premiums paid, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is issued by OP Retail Customers plc.