OP cooperative bank’s owner-customer membership
– for your life
Become an owner-customer!
You can become an OP cooperative bank’s owner-customer by paying a member cooperative contribution which is 100 euros in most banks. There are no other membership fees. If you ever decide to stop being an owner-customer, your member contribution will be refunded to you.
- If you are an OP cooperative bank’s customer and have OP’s user ID, you can easily check your owner-customer membership by logging into the op.fi service.
Check whether you are an owner-customer
- If you are not yet an OP cooperative bank’s customer and you have another bank’s user identifiers, you can become a customer without visiting a branch.
Become our customer easily online
Becoming an owner-customer and member contribution
Your current customer relationship and any user ID in your use affects you becoming an owner-customer.
- If you are an OP cooperative bank’s customer and have OP’s user ID, you can become an owner-customer by logging into the op.fi service. Become an owner-customer
- If you are an OP cooperative bank’s customer but you do not hae OP’s user ID, start by booking an appointment Book an appointment
- If you are not an OP cooperative bank’s customer but you have another bank’s user identifiers and are interested in becoming an OP cooperative bank’s customer, become our customer online Become our customer easily online
Membership cooperative contribution
When joining us, you will pay an ordinary cooperative contribution as a one-time contribution, no other payments exist. In most banks, the amount of the membership cooperative contribution is 100 euros. You can find the amount of the membership cooperative contribution on the owner-customer application and in your OP cooperative bank.
If ever you decide to stop being an owner-customer, your membership contribution will be refunded to you in full. The cooperative contribution will be refunded after one year has lapsed from the end of the financial year during which the owner-customer membership was terminated.
Who can become an owner-customer?
Any person, entity or foundation using OP Financial Group’s services, irrespective of their nationality, can become an owner-customer.
Child as an owner-customer
A child can become an owner-customer. All guardians of the child sign together their underage child’s application for an owner-customer membership. By doing so, the parents also give their consent that their child will begin to earn OP bonuses.
If the membership contribution is paid using proceeds of the child’s own work, the child can him/herself sign the membership application and pay the membership contribution.
Owner-customer terminates the membership
The owner-customer has, at any time, the right to terminate their owner-customer membership by informing their OP cooperative bank of this in writing. The owner-customer membership termination date is the date on which the OP cooperative bank has received the termination notice.
Death of owner-customer
An owner-customer membership will terminate on the death of the owner-customer. In the distribution or partition of the deceased person’s estate, the death estate can transfer the deceased person’s owner-customer membership, generally either to widow/widower or heir.
OP owner-customer membership is a valuable and unconventional gift that keeps on giving. It is a perfect present for birthdays, graduations and confirmations regardless of age.