Even young people benefit from being OP cooperative bank owner-customers
Moving to your first apartment, starting studies and taking the first steps in your career are an exciting time in all young people’s lives. We are here for you when you want to start living independently or need support for your personal finances.
By becoming owner-customer of an OP cooperative bank, you get access to a wide range of benefits. Owner-customers between the ages of 18 and 29 receive a free daily services package, including a current account, payment card and access to OP's digital services. As an owner-customer, you can also earn valuable OP bonuses from, say, your student loan, home loan, mutual fund investments and insurance premiums. As an owner-customer, you own part of your bank and get to influence your bank’s sustainability actions, for example.
You can become an OP cooperative bank’s owner-customer by paying a member cooperative contribution which is 100 euros in most banks. There are no other membership fees. If you ever decide to stop being an owner-customer, your member contribution will be refunded to you.
Benefits and discounts for young owner-customers
Owner-customers between the ages of 18 and 29 receive a free daily services package that includes:
- Current account
- Payment card
- Digital services user identifiers
In the table below, you can find more information about benefits and discounts for young owner-customers.
*Free for under 26-year-olds
**€4/month for under 26-year-olds
***NOTE! You earn OP bonuses from services entitling to them. Learn more about OP bonuses
Did you know that as our owner-customer, you also get benefits on savings, investments and insurance, for example?
As our owner-customer you will earn OP bonuses
- Owner-customers earn OP bonuses through their transactions in OP Financial Group entitling to OP bonuses. Private customers earn OP bonuses through their personal banking, wealth management and insurance transactions for example for your student loan and fund savings. Use our bonus calculator to estimate how much OP bonuses you could earn from the services you use.
- OP bonuses earned on your bonus account are used to pay charges and fees that would otherwise be charged from your account. They are used automatically without any action needed from you. Bonuses are used to pay, for example your insurance premiums or loan servicing costs.
Read more about owner-customer membership
Try out the bonus calculator
As an owner-customer you can also make use of benefits provided by our partners
- You can find and redeem all current benefits conveniently on OP-mobile.
Other benefits and discounts for young people and students
- Opening and pledging a rent deposit account free of charge for customers between ages 18 and 26
- OP Classic credit card for higher education students without course credit requirements
- Pivo digital student card and student benefits for higher education students