OP-Public Services Real Estate FundSteady return from Finnish public services real estate
The easiest way to invest in Finnish real estates
OP-Public Services Real Estate Fund enables you to become involved in new and growing property investments: nursing homes, sheltered accommodations, hospitals and day-care centres.
Long-term leases secure steady rental income
Public services real estates generate steady rental income at low risk. The leases of the fund's property investments are often 10–15 years.
Great fund for moderate investors for investment diversification
OP-Public Services Real Estate provides a low-risk investment option for asset diversification with return expectations lower than in bond markets and with lower risk than in equity markets.
Real estate fund invests in public services real estates vital to society
OP-Public Services Real Estate is a non-UCITS fund whose story is based on the provision of services needed by Finnish citizens in the course of their lives and also vital to society.
OP's real estate fund spreads its investments widely across real estate utilised in education, social services, physical culture, sports and healthcare services provided by society. Such real estate can host, for example, nursing homes, day-care centres, schools, multipurpose arenas or sheltered accommodations. The fund also acts as a developer in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area growth centres, university towns and provincial centres.
Long-term leases guarantee steady return
The main source of income of OP-Public Services Real Estate is rents. The leases are often 10–15 years.
The fund's total income consists of:
- rental income from real estates
- an increase in the market value of investments.
The fund invests directly in property and securities entitling to such property, in shares in limited partnerships engaged in property investment and in shares in housing companies and real estate companies.
OP-Public Services Real Estate also makes use of leverage to improve returns and diversification.
The real estate fund annually distributes at least 75% of its realised proceeds to its unitholders. The remaining share will remain in the fund to increase the funds value. Annual dividend has been paid as follows: €0.43 (2019), €1.66 (2020), €2,03 (2021).
Choice for moderate investors
OP-Public Services Real Estate suits investors who
- appreciate good and steady returns in the form of income units
- appreciate return higher than in bond markets and lower risk than in stock markets
- invest with a long-term horizon
- search for alternative investment types and diversify their investments into real estate assets.
How to buy a mutual fund
Now you can invest in real property even with a small amount - OP-Public Services Real Estate Fund has no minimum subscription.
You can subscribe for and redeem mutual fund units four times a year. The next subscription date is 30.9.2021.
|Subscription fee||Annual management fee||Redemption fee|
|2,0 %||1,9 %||1 %|
If the investment is held under 4 years, at the moment of redemption we will charge a 3% fee and, for investments held under 2 years, a 5% fee. Subscription and redemption fees are refunded to the fund. The fund's value is calculated four times a year and the fund units generate OP bonuses for those private customers who are also our owner-customers.
OP-Public Services Real Estate Fund is a non-UCITS fund which invests its assets in the service infrastructure of social education, physical culture and sports, social welfare, and health care services, comprising care services, child day care, education, multipurpose arenas, as well as service and hotel living. The fund also acts as builder of the above-mentioned service infrastructure. The fund mainly invests directly in commercial property and securities entitling to such property, in shares in limited partnerships engaged in property investment and in shares in housing cooperatives and real estate companies.
The fund acts as owner and lessor of the properties and principally does not take part in providing care services. Lessees are both private and public providers. The fund invests its assets in targets in areas for which long-term demand is expected.
The fund employs financial leverage, as is customary in property investment. In the base case, leverage is 30 per cent on top of the net value and it can no more than 50 per cent in a normal situation.
All costs arising from maintaining, owning and trading buildings and expert services used in property trading, which may have a substantial effect on the Fund’s return, will be paid using the Fund’s assets.
The fund promotes environmental and social sustainability by providing healthy and safe facilities for social use in the public and private sectors. The properties invested in offer comfortable, practical and modern work environments for the nursing, education and service sectors. A large share of the fund’s buildings are made of wood. The fund also carries out conversion projects in which an existing building is given a new lifecycle and purpose. We prefer energy efficient solutions and always assess the potential for renewable energy and install production capacity if the criteria are met. When selecting investments, we place emphasis on the sustainability of the properties’ location and analyse the accessibility and convertibility of the properties. By supervising the constructing, we ensure the quality of the construction and that the buildings are long-lived and safe for users. The fund reports annually on the following factors: average energy efficiency of new constructions, use of renewable energy in properties, wood construction and new construction involving demolition, and client potential in nursing facilities.
- Fund manager
- OP Real Estate Asset Management Ltd
- Benchmark index
- No benchmark index
- Start date
- fund serie
- Income unit
- Fund size
- 325 Meur
- Serie value (30.06.)
- 109,99 EUR
- Monthly review
Accumulated profit (30.06)
|1mth||3mth||6mth||1 y||3 y p.a.||5 y p.a.|
|OP Public Services Real Estate B||-||+1,51 %||+2,71 %||+4,78 %||+3,80 %||-|
|OP Public Services Real Estate B||-||0,00 %||+0,59 %||+7,74 %||+2,70 %||+2,71 %|
|Volatility 12 m||vola 12m||Sharpe 12 m||Duration|
|OP Public Services Real Estate B||1,88 %||2,83||-|
Owner-customer benefits as of 1 January 2021
- Book-entry account and custody €0: Custody of Finnish and foreign shares and ETFs without monthly charges.
- Buy and sell fund units €0: Buy, sell and switch nearly all of our funds without costs and earn OP bonuses by investing in mutual funds.*
- Benefits from equity trading:
- A 1% brokerage fee cap on Finnish and Swedish shares and securities – shares, warrants and ETFs.
- Brokerage fee 0.05–0.17, i.e. the more you trade, the lower your trading costs. The benefits mentioned above are available on OP-mobile, OP Business mobile and at op.fi (in Finnish for personal customers).
- New benefit: Equity analyses €0: Free equity and market analysis.
- Benefits of saving through insurance: Take out an insurance policy, switch between investment instruments and transfer funds free of charge. Earn OP bonuses from unit-linked insurance assets.
*No OP bonuses will accrue from the R2 Crystal Fund nor from institutional series of funds.
In addition to OP bonuses earned through saving and investment, owner-customer earn bonuses from
- funds in accounts
- purchases you have paid with the OP-Visa credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
OP Fund Management Company Ltd manages OP mutual funds.