Current AccountBank account for daily use
Best everyday bank account
Receive your regular income, such as salary or pension benefit, to a Current Account. Pay purchases, bills and loan repayments easily. As an owner-customer, you get 0.25% interest on the account. Read more under "Deposit interest rate".
Included in daily banking services
Link one or several cards and OP's user ID to the account. Then you can do your banking on OP-mobile in English (or the op.fi service in Finnish or Swedish).
Follow your account transactions
Easily in English on OP-mobile. For an online bank statement, log into the op.fi service (in Finnish or Swedish).
Open a Current Account on OP-mobile
Bank account for daily use
- Current Account is part of our daily banking services, which also includes payment cards and an OP user ID for digital services.
- Pay your bills, purchases and loan repayments easily from the Current Account.
- Transfer spare money from your Current Account to Growth Return Account or Money Box or buy fund units or stocks.
- Use your money tracking-tool My financial balance on OP mobile. It helps you get a clear picture of your income and expenses.
- Open a Current Account easily on OP mobile. You can also do it in the op.fi service (available in Finnish and Swedish).
The account's interest rate is 0.25% for an OP cooperative bank owner-customer. Accrual of interest requires that the account and owner-customer membership are with the same OP cooperative bank.
If the account has more than one account holder, all account holders must be owner-customers at the OP cooperative bank that holds the account.
Otherwise, the interest rate is 0.00%.
The General Terms and Conditions for Accounts for Private Customers apply to current accounts.
Current Account's monthly charge
The Current Account is subject to a monthly charge that is based on our list of charges and fees valid at the time.
The Current Account is free of monthly charges
- for OP cooperative bank owner-customers
- for customers aged under 26
- if the account has been pledged
- if the account belongs to a death estate
As an owner-customer, you get a Current Account free of monthly charges if the account and owner-customer membership are with the same OP cooperative bank. If the Current Account has more than one account holder, it will only be free of monthly charges if all account holders are owner-customers of the OP cooperative bank holding the account.
Please note that each OP cooperative bank can have owner-customers. You can check whether you're an owner-customer by logging into OP-mobile or the op.fi service.
Savings on the account are protected with deposit guarantee. The maximum compensation for guaranteed deposits is EUR 100,000 for the deposits made in a single deposit bank. OP Financial Group member banks are considered a single bank from the perspective of the deposit guarantee.
Deposit guarantee protects a depositor's funds on an account if the deposit bank becomes insolvent. If a deposit bank is declared bankrupt or is in permanent default, the Financial Stability Authority pays compensation to the bank’s depositors from the Deposit Guarantee Fund.
You can easily change the transaction limits for your accounts on OP-mobile and in the op.fi service. Considering that such daily limits make it safer to use the account, you should set them. You can change the limits temporarily when you make bigger purchases, for example.
You can set two types of transaction limits for your account:
- For the biggest possible one-time withdrawal
- For the total daily withdrawals, or the maximum amount of money you can withdraw within one day.
The transaction limits relate to:
- cash withdrawals
- real-time credit transfers and
- card payments which are automatically checked against during payment whether the account has sufficient funds.
The transaction limits do not affect the amounts submitted to the payment service payable on the due date.
Also set spending/withdrawal limits for each card
It is advisable to set card-specific spending/withdrawal limits with which you specify daily limits for cash withdrawals, POS payments and online payments.
You can change your cards’ spending and withdrawal limits on OP-mobile and in the op.fi service. You can also call our Customer Service or visit an OP cooperative bank branch.
You can set the limits separately for your card's debit and credit sides.
E-salary is an electronic payslip on OP-mobile and on the op.fi service. To use the service, you will need your OP user ID.
Using the service requires that your employer has an agreement about it with the pay slip provider. To find out your pay slip provider, ask your employer.
Benefits of the electronic payslip
- Payslips are always kept safe, and you can easily browse them.
- The payslips are stored in an electronic archive for 18 months.
- You can print the payslips out whenever needed or save them to your own computer.
- An electronic payslip is eco-friendly and a free service for the employee.
As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you get OP bonuses that decrease your banking and insurance service charges. In 2023, you will earn 30% extra OP bonuses, and in 2024, up to 40% more than normal.
OP bonuses come from
- funds in savings accounts
- home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- paid insurance premiums, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance.
OP bonuses are tax-free. Because of that they are automatically used for loan service and origination fees and insurance premiums, among other things.
As an owner-customer, you also get significant benefits and discounts. For example, you will get daily banking services without monthly charges until the end of 2024 and interest on your Current Account. Furthermore, you'll enjoy lower saving and investing costs than usual.
How to close your account if you have an OP user ID
If you have OP’s user ID, in most cases, you can close your account by logging into op.fi (in Finnish or Swedish) or OP-mobile. In the op.fi service, you can close your Current Account, Money Box, Growth Return Account, Step-up Account, Special Purpose Account, Continuous High-yield Account or ASP Account. On OP-mobile, you can close your Current Account, Growth Return Account, Step-up Account, Special Purpose Account and Continuous High-yield Account.
You can’t close an account in the op.fi service or on OP-mobile if the account is your last one with OP, or it is a joint account. In these cases, read our more detailed instructions.
How to use a user ID issued by another bank to close your account
You can log into the op.fi service using another bank’s identifiers too and close your account via the service.
You can also contact us via chat at op.fi (in Finnish). During the chat, you can use a user ID issued by another bank to verify your identity: in most cases, our customer service will be able to close your account during the chat, once you have verified your identity.
If your account cannot be closed via chat, you can call our Customer Service.
How to close your account if you do not have a user ID with any bank
If you would like to close an unnecessary account and you do not have a user ID with any bank, please contact our Customer Service by phone. Our Customer Service will advise you on how to close the account.
The account is provided by OP cooperative bank.