OP ClassicOP-Visa Credit/Debit is now OP Classic. It’s OP’s Visa card for making payments flexibly and securely by using the debit and credit features, wherever you are.
OP Classic adds flexibility to your daily life and special occasions
Pay immediately, within a month, or in instalments. The OP Classic card credit feature gives you an interest-free payment period of an average of 35 days for your purchases.
Shop and make payments safely
As an owner-customer of an OP cooperative bank, you have 180-day credit card company cover for debit and credit purchases. In line with the Consumer Protection Act, the cover applies if problems occur with purchases paid for by credit.
A more versatile Visa card – at the same monthly charge
As part of our owner-customer’s daily services package*, you’ll get the OP Classic card at the same monthly charge as the OP Debit card.
Payments with OP Classic
- Pay with the debit or credit feature. Contactless payment for purchases below 50 euros.
- Convenient payment period. When paying by credit, the interest-free billing period is 35 days on average. When receiving your bill, you decide whether to pay in full or use your card’s credit feature, that is, repay the credit in instalments.
- A credit limit for your needs. Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, depending on your needs and repayment capacity.
- Reduce your number of cards. Add a K-Plussa card to your OP Classic.
- Add your card to Pivo, Apple Pay or Google Pay to pay easily with a smart device wherever you are.
OP Classic provides you with more safety in your daily life
- Product Protection Insurance for six months. As an owner-customer, you will get a 180-day Product Protection Insurance of up to 2,000 euros for all your purchases paid for with OP's Visa card.
- Visa Secure protects your online purchases by verifying the card holder’s identity. When paying online, you can approve the payment by verifying it with Mobile key or your online user identifiers..
- Paying by credit is a safe option. Credit card company cover for credit purchases helps if problems occur: based on the Consumer Protection Act, you can claim a refund from the credit card company if, for example, the product or service you buy is defective or lost in transport, or the company goes bankrupt before delivery.
- You can conveniently track your Visa card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo, and the op.fi service.
OP Classic card price
*As an OP cooperative bank owner-customer, you get the daily services package, including a current account with online bank statement, OP's digital services and the OP Classic card, at the monthly charge of 3.95 euros. Owner-customers aged under 30 years get the daily services package with the OP Classic card at 0 euros per month. An owner-customer’s service charges are primarily debited from OP bonuses.
One card and daily banking services are free of charge for customers aged under 26 years.
Other customers pay 8.45 euros per month for daily services. The charge for OP Classic without the daily services package is 2.95 euros per month.
Information about the card
How much does the card cost?
- As an OP cooperative bank's owner-customer you get the daily services, including OP Classic card, a current account and OP eServices, for 3.95 euros per month. For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- Without the daily services, an OP Classic card costs 2.95 euros per month.
- For customers under the age of 26, the daily services, including one card, are free of charge.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14,63 % (6/2021) if the customer has a daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2,06 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2 145,70 euros.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 15.07% (6/2021) if the customer has no daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,156.15 euros.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
Product Protection Insurance provides cover for your purchases and is included with owner-customer cards
- As an owner-customer, you will get a refund if the product you purchased breaks or is stolen within 180 days from the time of purchase.
- You won’t need to buy separate insurance for new items, such as phones.
- The deductible is only 75 euros, which is less than with a traditional home insurance.
Which purchases are covered by Product Protection Insurance?
Accidents happen to all of us from time to time, from dropping a phone on the floor to spilling coffee on a laptop or breaking your brand-new glasses.
Product Protection Insurance covers purchases made with OP Classic against breakage. In other words, you won’t need to buy separate insurance for new items, such as phones.
When is the insurance valid?
The insurance covers credit and debit purchases made with OP Classic, meaning your purchases are always insured if you pay for them with OP Classic.
The insurance provides cover for the purchases for 180 days from the cardholder receiving the product.
Product Protection Insurance covers the purchases whether you pay for them online, at a brick-and-mortar location or through a service like Apple Pay.
Does the insurance have a deductible or maximum compensation amount?
In the event of loss, the insurance has a deductible of 75 euros. The maximum compensation per item is 2,000 euros.
What to do if something happens?
If something happens, filing a loss report is simple on OP-mobile or at op.fi.
Product Protection Insurance terms and conditions and additional information
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.
Under the Consumer Protection Act, you can apply for a refund from your credit card company if a retailer breaches a sales contract for a purchase made with credit. Breach of contract occurs if a product or service you bought with credit is defective or lost in transport, or the company goes bankrupt and you never receive the product.
You can also apply for a refund if your airline or tour operator goes bankrupt or cancels your journey without paying you back.
Start by trying to handle the matter with the company that sold the product or service — this will help you to demonstrate breach of contract. File a complaint with the credit card company as soon as it becomes clear that the seller is in breach of contract.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
If you are a university student in a Finnish university, you can apply for OP Classic with a credit limit of 2,000 euros.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for Visa in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases. Set the limits both on the credit and debit side.
- The new spending/withdrawal limits will take effect immediately after you have changed them on OP-mobile or at op.fi as well as in customer service during its opening hours.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Please note that the account may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending/withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set the limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
You can link your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay. These payment apps let you make online and in-app payments with just your smartphone. You don’t need your card or card details at the time of payment.
With Apple Pay or Google Pay, you can also make contactless payments over 50 euros.
The card holder needs to be over 13, if the card is added to Apple Pay, and over 16, if it is added to Google Pay.
- When paying for your purchase with your card, you can withdraw a maximum of 200 euros with the card.
- The withdrawal fee for OP-Visa Credit is two euros plus 2,75% of the amount withdrawn.
- Cash withdrawals with OP-Visa Debit are not subject to a charge.
- Cash withdrawal is subject pre-authorisation hold, i.e. the same principle applies to such cash withdrawals as that to ATM cash withdrawals. You can see both the purchase and the cash withdrawal itemised on you bank statement. Credit withdrawals are also itemised in your Visa bill.
OP cooperative bank owner-customers earn OP bonuses from:
Funds in savings accounts
Home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
Mutual funds and unit-linked insurance assets
Insurance premiums paid, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.