OP-Visa Credit/DebitIt’s the perfect time to start using OP-Visa. Make payments securely and flexibly using the debit and credit features anywhere.
Visa adds flexibility to your daily life and special occasions
Pay immediately, within a month, or in instalments. The OP-Visa credit feature gives you an interest-free payment period of an average of 35 days for your purchases.
Shop and make payments safely
The credit feature is the safest way to pay in shops, online, and abroad, as the credit card company will protect your purchases. As an owner-customer, you will also get a 180-day Product Protection Insurance for purchases made with OP-Visa.
A more versatile Visa card – at the same monthly charge
As part of our owner-customer’s daily services*, you’ll get the OP-Visa Credit/Debit card at the same monthly charge as the OP-Visa Electron or OP-Visa Debit card.
Payments with OP-Visa
- Pay with the debit or credit feature. Pay contactless for your purchases below 50 euros.
- Convenient payment period. When paying by credit, the interest-free billing period is 35 days on average. When receiving your bill, you decide whether to pay in full or use your card’s credit feature, i.e. repay the credit in instalments.
- A credit limit for your needs. Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, depending on your needs and repayment capacity.
- Cut down your number of cards. Add a K-Plussa card to your OP-Visa.
- Add your card to Pivo or Apple Pay to pay easily with a smart device wherever you are.
Stay safe every day
- Product Protection Insurance for six months. As an owner-customer, you will get a 180-day Product Protection Insurance of up to 2,000 euros for all your purchases paid for with OP-Visa.
- Visa Secure protects your online purchases by verifying the card holder’s identity. When paying online, you can approve the payment by verifying it with Mobile key or your online bank credentials.
- Paying by credit is the safest option. If anything goes wrong with your purchase, you can apply for a refund from the credit card company. You can also apply for a refund if a tour operator or an airline is declared bankrupt.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo, and the op.fi service.
*As an OP cooperative bank's owner-customer, you get the daily services, including current account, OP eServices, and an OP-Visa card, for 3.95 euros per month. For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
For other customers, the OP-Visa costs 2.95 euros per month or the daily services 7,95 euros per month. For customers under the age of 26, the daily services, including one card, are free of charge.
Information about the card
How much does the card cost?
- As an OP cooperative bank's owner-customer you get the daily services, including OP-Visa card, a current account and OP eServices, for 3.95 euros per month. For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- Without the daily services, an OP-Visa card costs 2.95 euros per month.
- For customers under the age of 26, the daily services, including one card, are free of charge.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14,63 % (6/2021) if the customer has a daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2,06 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2 145,70 euros.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 15.07% (6/2021) if the customer has no daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,156.15 euros.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
If you are our owner-customer, your OP-Visa card will automatically include the new Product Protection Insurance.Product Protection Insurance Covers card purchases with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities
Your purchases are insured regardless of whether you pay for them with the card’s credit or debit facility.Coverage from blunders for 180 days
Your card purchases are covered for six months from the time of purchase in Finland, abroad and in online stores.Free-of-charge insurance only for owner-customers
Product Protection Insurance is only included in the OP-Visa cards held by OP cooperative bank’s owner-customers and in joint cards linked to them.Product Protection Insurance protects your card purchases from blunders
Sometimes all sorts of things happen, the phone slips from your hand or coffee spills on your laptop. Luckily, Product Protection Insurance covers card purchases made with OP-Visa from blunders for six months. You can enjoy this benefit for owner-customers by actively purchasing with your OP-Visa card.
Product Protection Insurance is a free insurance for owner-customers who have an OP-Visa Credit/Debit combination card, OP-Visa Gold, OP-Visa Platinum, or an OP-Mastercard. Joint holders of any of these cards are also entitled to the benefit, if the principal card-holder is an owner-customer. The insurance cannot be bought separately.Coverage for your purchases, also those made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance covers your purchases paid with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities in Finland, abroad and in online stores. The insurance covers purchases that conform to the terms and conditions for 180 days from the time when the card-holder acquires the item.
Product Protection Insurance may provide cover, for example, if your brand-new spectacles get broken, your new tablet falls to the floor or ground and gets broken or the screen of your mobile phone is damaged. The deductible is EUR 75, and up to EUR 2,000 is compensated for an individual item.Insurance benefit for owner-customers
By becoming our owner-customer you are entitled, in addition to the Product Protection Insurance, to, for example, daily banking services at a lower cost and you earn value-for-money OP bonuses which offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds with no charges.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by OP Insurance Ltd.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
If you are a university student in a Finnish university, you can apply for OP-Visa with a credit limit of 2,000 euros.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for OP-Visa in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases. Set the limits both on the credit and debit side.
- The new spending/withdrawal limits will take effect immediately after you have changed them on OP-mobile or at op.fi as well as in customer service during its opening hours.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Please note that the account may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending/withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set the limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) is a service that enhances online payment security. Both the merchant and buyer are reliably authenticated on the service. To see whether a webshop uses this service, look for the Visa Secure logo.
Add your card to Apple Pay or Pivo. These payment apps enable you to pay in stores and online with just your smartphone. You don’t need your card or card details at the time of payment.
Paying with Apple Pay or Pivo at a store is contactless, you just take your smartphone near the reader. You can also pay for purchases of over 50 euros.
- When paying for your purchase with your card, you can withdraw a maximum of 200 euros with the card.
- The withdrawal fee for OP-Visa Credit is two euros plus 2,75% of the amount withdrawn.
- Cash withdrawals with OP-Visa Debit are not subject to a charge.
- Cash withdrawal is subject pre-authorisation hold, i.e. the same principle applies to such cash withdrawals as that to ATM cash withdrawals. You can see both the purchase and the cash withdrawal itemised on you bank statement. Credit withdrawals are also itemised in your Visa bill.
Owner-customers earn OP bonuses from:
Funds in savings accounts
Home loans, student loans and secured bank loans
Mutual funds and unit-linked insurance assets
Insurance premiums paid, such as home and motor vehicle insurance and continuous travel insurance
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is granted by OP Retail Customers Plc.