OP-VisaIt’s the perfect time to start using OP’s most popular payment card. Pay with the debit or credit facility anywhere.
Flexibility to your daily life and special occasions
Make use of the card’s payment time facility. When paying on credit, you will get an interest-free payment period of 35 days on average.
Product Protection Insurance compensates if your purchase breaks down
You will get a 180-day insurance free of charge for all your purchases paid with OP-Visa, up to 2,000 euros.
More versatile card at the same monthly charge
As part of our owner-customer’s daily services package*, you’ll get the OP-Visa Credit/Debit card at the same monthly charge as the OP-Visa Electron or Debit card.
*As our owner-customer, you get a current account, OP eServices and OP-Visa for €3.95 per month. For other customers, the rate is €5.65 per month. As you are under 26 years of age, you get our daily banking services free of charge.
- Includes credit and debit facilities.
- When paying on credit, you will get an interest-free payment period of 35 days on average.
- Credit of 2,000–20,000 euros.
Insurance and security
- You will get a 180-day insurance for your purchases, whether you pay using the debit or credit feature.
- The Visa Secure feature will protect your online payments.
The card costs 2.95 euros per month. The card is free of charge for those under 26 years of age.
In the OP cooperative bank owner-customer’s daily service package, you get an OP-Visa card, a current account and OP eServices for 3.95 euros per month. For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
Manage your card’s features on OP-mobile
Adjust your card’s spending/withdrawal limits and credit repayment instalments and increase your credit limit easily on OP-mobile.
- Credit starting from 2,000 euros up to 20,000 euros, credit limit according to your need and repayment capacity.
- You can choose whether your purchases will be debited using the debit side, or directly to your bank account, or using the credit side in which case you can use the card as charge card or use the card's credit facility.
- An average of 35-day interest-free billing period is available to you.
- You have four options to choose for the OP-Visa bill's due date: 7th, 15th, 23rd or the last day of the month.
- K-Plussa feature is available for the card.
- You can withdraw cash at checkouts in K-food stores and Tokmanni stores.
- Its contactless payment facility enables you to pay for small purchases of a maximum of 50 euros quickly without keying in your PIN.
- You can conveniently track your card transactions on OP-mobile, Pivo and OP eServices.
- After you have opened Money Box and enabled Auto Save through card, your savings will add up every time you pay with your card’s debit function.
How much does the card cost?
- In the OP cooperative bank owner-customer’s daily service package, you get an OP-Visa card, a current account and OP eServices for 3.95 euros per month. For owner-customers, the bank’s service fees are primarily charged from OP bonuses.
- Without the daily service package, an OP-Visa card costs 2.95 euros per month.
- The card is free of charge for those under 26 years of age.
- The interest rate is the 3-month Euribor + 7.95 percentage points if the credit has debt with interest.
- The monthly account service charge is 3.50 euros if the credit has debt with interest.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 13,08 % (1/2020) if the customer has a daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2,06 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2 136,07 euros.
The effective interest rate calculated for used credit of 2,000 euros is 14.15% (1/2020) if the customer has no daily service package. This calculation is based on the assumption that the card’s monthly charge is 2.95 euros and the monthly account service charge 3.50 euros, that the credit interest rate, fees and charges remain constant throughout the credit period, and the credit is repaid in 12 identical monthly instalments. The estimated total amount payable is 2,146.75 euros.
If you are a university student in a Finnish university, you can apply for OP-Visa with a credit limit of 2,000 euros.
- are at least 18 years old
- you use OP as your main bank
- have regular income in terms of pay or pension
- have sufficient financial standing and have managed your personal finances well
- reside permanently in Finland.
If you are our owner-customer, your OP-Visa card will automatically include the new Product Protection Insurance.
Product Protection Insurance Covers card purchases with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities
Your purchases are insured regardless of whether you pay for them with the card’s credit or debit facility.
Coverage from blunders for 180 days
Your card purchases are covered for six months from the time of purchase in Finland, abroad and in online stores.
Free-of-charge insurance only for owner-customers
Product Protection Insurance is only included in the OP-Visa cards held by OP cooperative bank’s owner-customers and in joint cards linked to them.
Product Protection Insurance protects your card purchases from blunders
Sometimes all sorts of things happen, the phone slips from your hand or coffee spills on your laptop. Luckily, Product Protection Insurance covers card purchases made with OP-Visa from blunders for six months. You can enjoy this benefit for owner-customers by actively purchasing with your OP-Visa card.
Product Protection Insurance is a free insurance for owner-customers who have an OP-Visa Credit/Debit combination card, OP-Visa Gold, OP-Visa Platinum, or an OP-Mastercard. Joint holders of any of these cards are also entitled to the benefit, if the principal card-holder is an owner-customer. The insurance cannot be bought separately.
Coverage for your purchases, also those made abroad or online
Product Protection Insurance covers your purchases paid with OP-Visa’s credit and debit facilities in Finland, abroad and in online stores. The insurance covers purchases that conform to the terms and conditions for 180 days from the time when the card-holder acquires the item.
Product Protection Insurance may provide cover, for example, if your brand-new spectacles get broken, your new tablet falls to the floor or ground and gets broken or the screen of your mobile phone is damaged. The deductible is EUR 75, and up to EUR 2,000 is compensated for an individual item.
Insurance benefit for owner-customers
By becoming our owner-customer you are entitled, in addition to the Product Protection Insurance, to, for example, daily banking services at a lower cost and you earn value-for-money OP bonuses which offset banking service charges and insurance premiums. You can also buy, sell and switch many of our funds with no charges.
Product Protection Insurance is issued by Pohjola Insurance Ltd.
- It is advisable to set spending and withdrawal limits for OP-Visa in the case of the loss of the card or fraud.
- You can set such daily limits for withdrawals, card purchases requiring pre-authorisation hold and online payments and other distance purchases. Set the limits both on the credit and debit side.
- The new spending/withdrawal limits will take effect immediately after you have changed them on OP-mobile or at op.fi as well as in customer service during its opening hours.
- We recommend that you change these limits whenever you need.
Please note that the account may have a spending/withdrawal limit that restricts card payments, in addition to spending/withdrawal limit linked to the card.
Where to change the spending and withdrawal limits?
You can set the limits easily at op.fi and on OP-mobile. You can also call OP telephone service or visit an OP cooperative bank branch to change the limits.
- When paying for your purchase with your card, you can withdraw a maximum of 200 euros with the card.
- The withdrawal fee for OP-Visa Credit is two euros plus 2,75% of the amount withdrawn.
- Cash withdrawals with OP-Visa Debit are not subject to a charge.
- Cash withdrawal is subject pre-authorisation hold, i.e. the same principle applies to such cash withdrawals as that to ATM cash withdrawals. You can see both the purchase and the cash withdrawal itemised on you bank statement. Credit withdrawals are also itemised in your Visa bill.
With Pivo, you can easily pay your friend, online and at store checkouts. You will also see where your money goes. Winner of several awards, Pivo is our customers’ favourite.
As an owner-customer, you will earn OP bonuses for example from:
- savings and investments
- purchases you have paid with credit
- insurance premiums for home, family and motor vehicle policies.
From 1 November 2020, OP bonuses will accrue from:
- home loans, secured bank loans, student loans
- savings and investment accounts
- mutual fund units and unit-linked insurance
- non-life insurance bills
The change on 1 November 2020 means that no OP bonuses will accrue from:
- deposits in current accounts
- unsecured consumer loans (Flexible Consumer Credit, Special Consumer Credit, One-off Credit and Overdraft Facility)
- OP hire purchase
- Purchases paid using OP Visa as a credit card, the balance of credit with interest of OP-Visa and OP-Mastercard cards
OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.
The card is granted by OP Card Company Plc.