Frequently asked questions

Loss report – How can I report a loss or damage?

The easiest way to file a loss report is online and this is how you will receive a claim settlement decision in the fastest way.

Read more about instructions for various loss events from Pohjola Claim Help

How do I contact you?

We will answer your calls at +358 (0)10 253 1333 Mon–Fri 9–16. You can log in to the eInsurance Services using any bank’s user identifiers and there you will be able to send us online messages or contact us on the chat.

In case of an accident you will find easy-to-follow instructions for a variety of situations at Pohjola Claim Help - see and OP-mobile for further information.

I’m moving – What should I do about my home insurance?

You can safely move from your former dwelling to the new one, as a valid Pohjola Insurance home insurance will cover your personal property during the move. However, please remember to transfer your home insurance to your new dwelling. You can change the place of insurance in our eInsurance Services:

  • Start by logging in using your bank user identifiers
  • In the Insurance section, click “My policies”
  • Under Home insurance you will find “Change in place of insurance”

If you don’t have valid home insurance, you can conveniently calculate the price of one and buy insurance online.

The Easy insurance package for young people can be transferred to a new address only by phone, chat or online message. Provide your new address, the size of your home, and the names of any family members moving with you, as they also are covered by the home insurance. The Easy insurance is best suited for rented homes, so if you are buying a home, it’s a good idea to discuss your insurance coverage with us.

Have a look at our articles relating to buying a home, moving and living!

I need more time to pay my insurance bill, what should I do?

If you are unable to pay your insurance bill on the due date, you can easily ask for an extension by messaging our Customer Service in the service or on OP-mobile.

In the message, state your insurance contract code, the invoiced amount, the original due date, and your new proposed due date. We will reply as soon as possible to let you know if your proposed due date is possible.

A late payment interest will be accrued for the extension time after the original due date and charged on your next insurance bill.

See other answers to frequently asked questions about insurance invoices


Requesting an offer - How do I request an offer for new insurance?

You can conveniently calculate prices and buy insurance online. You can also ask for an offer on several insurance policies using the offer request form.

You can make certain changes to existing policies by logging in to the eInsurance Services.

Appointments – How do I book an appointment at a branch office or an online or phone meeting?

You can conveniently book an appointment at a branch office or an online or phone meeting online. You can select a convenient time or the expert of your choice. You can also select the type of meeting you prefer.

Please remember to bring a valid ID document when visiting a branch office.

Power of attorney – How can I authorise another person?

In order to be able to manage another person’s insurance policies, a person must have a power of attorney issued by the policyholder. You can issue a power of attorney in our eInsurance Services.

  • Start by logging in using your bank user identifiers
  • In the Insurance section, select Powers of Attorney

A power of attorney authorises the holder to handle insurance and claims for the principal, except naming a beneficiary, filling out a health report or authorising a third person. The holder of a power of attorney may handle matters by phone, online or at a branch office, and they can see the policies of the principal in their own eInsurance Services.

Decomissioning and recommissioning a motor vehicle and other registration changes - How do they affect my insurance policies?

Decommissioning and recommissioning of a vehicle, and change of owner and holder are examples of registration changes. You can make registration changes in your eInsurance Services.

  • Start by logging in using your own bank user identifiers
  • In the Insurance section, click “My policies”
  • Under your vehicle insurance policy, click “Make a notification”

You can also make registration changes in Trafi’s web service or at any vehicle inspection station offering registration services. The registration changes are subject to a fee stated in Trafi’s list of service charges and fees.

The registration changes will be updated automatically in your insurance policy data. We will refund the motor liability insurance premium for the period the vehicle is decommissioned. At the beginning of an insurance period we will, however, charge the minimum premium, 14 euros. Of the comprehensive motor vehicle insurance you will continue to pay for covers that protect your decommissioned vehicle, e.g. the Fire Cover and the Theft Cover.
Please make sure that your bank account number is up to date at all times to facilitate refunds. You can check your account when logged in at:

Vakuutukset - Asiointi - Tilit

Green card – do I need it if I take my car or motorcycle out of Finland?

When travelling outside the Nordic countries, it is advisable to always carry a Green Card certifying the validity of your Motor Liability Insurance. The Green Card is valid in countries stated on the card.

How to get a Green Card:

  • Start ordering a Green Card by logging into eInsurance service.
  • Choose from your insurance policies the motor liability insurance for the vehicle that your Green Card order concerns.
  • Order a Green Card by filling your journey information in the form.
  • We will post your Green Card to you within about a week.

Please note that abroad your deductible is higher. Any damage to the vehicle occurring outside the Nordic countries carries a double deductible. If your motorcycle or passenger car is stolen in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania or Poland, the deductible accounts for 20% of the loss but no less than €600.

I am not a bankin customer at OP, how do I manage my insurance online?

You can manage your insurance even if you are not a banking customer of OP cooperative bank. You can log into the eInsurance Services using any bank’s user identifiers. When logging in, just click “Other means of user authentication”.

Sports Cover – How do I terminate the Sports Cover?

You can terminate the Sports Cover by sending us an online message. You can send us the message via our eInsurance Services.

  • Start by logging in using your own bank user identifiers
  • You will find the messages to the right by clicking “Customer Service”

Please provide the following information in your message:

  • Name and personal ID code of the insured person
  • Sports federation
  • The account number for the refunding of any excessive insurance premium
  • An email address for verification

Selling a vehicle – What should I do about insurance?

The motor liability insurance and a possible comprehensive motor vehicle insurance will, based upon information from Trafi, be terminated automatically in the following situations:

  • when the vehicle gets a new owner
  • when the vehicle is finally deleted from the register by a scrapping certificate or following an accident

The change will be entered into the insurance data with a certain delay, after which you will receive an updated policy.

Payment default - How does a payment default affect your insurance and banking services?

If a payment is defaulted, an entry is made in the credit information register of Suomen Asiakastieto. This may affect your chances of getting certain banking and insurance services. The effect of the entry on the availability of services depends on the banking or insurance service and the number and type of your entries.

To learn about the effect of a payment default, please contact our customer service. General information about payment defaults can be found on the website of the Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau, FINE (in Finnish).

A travel insurance card – Where can I get a travel insurance card?

We deliver a travel insurance card for continuous traveller's insurance to your home address by post. If your card is lost or broken, you can order a new one online on your traveller's insurance pages: Insurance ‒ Traveller's insurance ‒ Order travel insurance card. We will send you a new travel insurance card by post within two weeks.

An electronic travel insurance card is available to you in "My policies" on OP-mobile.

For fixed-term traveller's insurance, the insurance policy qualifies as proof of a valid traveller's insurance policy.

A certificate of travel insurance for a visa – How can I get a certificate of travel insurance for a visa?

For a visa, you do not need any insurer's stamp or signature for your certificate of travel insurance. This means that you can print it out right away on our eInsurance service on page Insurance ‒ Traveller's insurance ‒ Order a certificate of travel insurance for a visa. Alternatively, you can order it to be delivered by post to your home address free of charge.