Naiset istuvat sohvalla

Home insurance for terraced house or flat

Insure your home and property

Extended Home Insurance

To purchase Extended Home Insurance, include all our recommended covers as well as legal expenses and general liability insurance.


Deductible benefit 200 euros

The deductible in fire, natural phenomenon and crime losses may be zero for owner-customers.


Owner-customer benefits

As an owner-customer, you will get a discount on your policies and also receive OP bonuses.

What does home insurance for a terraced house or a flat cover?

Many things can happen at home. Fortunately you can prepare against unpleasant surprises with Home Insurance. Home Insurance covers your property in case of theft, sudden leak loss or breakage, for example. Use home insurance to insure parts of your home if you want to extend coverage beyond movable property to fittings and surface materials, for example.

We cover losses up to the maximum compensation you chose. In most cases, we compensate home contents for up to 5,000 euros when they are temporarily outside your home.

Are you worried about your extended liability for renovation costs as a shareholder? Set the right amount of maximum compensation for each part of your home in order for your home insurance to also cover exceptional liabilities transferred to shareholders under the housing company’s articles of association, such as the costs of HVAC engineering or even roofing work for the property.
Nainen muuttolaatikoiden keskellä

The insurance is also valid when you are moving house

You do not have to worry about your move, because Home Insurance for a terraced house or flat is also valid during the removal. We compensate to you if, for example, you TV set falls and breaks during removal.

Do remember to let us know in advance that you are moving, because Home Insurance is never transferred automatically to the new address. The coverage of Home Insurance should also be reviewed if the value of your property changes considerably. All the best with the move and with your new home.

Did you know that if you, for example, remodel your kitchen, you can also insure your cupboards, home appliances and surface materials?

Jenni Reijonen Insurance Manager, OP

The best insurance for tenants and private landlords

Home Insurance is important for both tenants and the owner of the flat or house. If you move into a rental home, the landlord may require you to take out Extended Home Insurance. You can tailor a tenant’s Extended Home Insurance by including the covers that we recommend both for the movable property and fixtures, and general liability insurance.

See our recommendations in our webshop as you calculate your home insurance price. Home insurance offered by OP always includes general liability insurance, legal expenses insurance and fire and natural phenomena cover. General liability insurance under your home insurance provides compensation if you cause loss to others for which you are liable by law. As to the costs of legal assistance related to disputed civil and criminal cases, you can make a claim under Legal Expenses Insurance.

If you own your home, you should insure not only the home contents but also different parts of your home, such as any fixtures and surface materials. It is also important to insure parts of the home that you own if you are a private landlord. A private landlord should also require the tenant to take out their own Home Insurance that includes general liability insurance.

Read more about lessor’s home insurance

We recommend that you insure not only the movable property of your flat or terraced house but also parts of the flat. By ‘parts of a flat’, we mean

  • fittings and fixtures
  • fixed machinery and equipment, and structures
  • surface materials on the floors, walls and ceilings.

The housing company’s real estate insurance compensates any losses to an owner-occupied flat up to the basic level. By basic level we as a rule mean the level of accessories the home had right after being completed. Any basic improvements carried out in the entire housing company are also included in the basic level.

If a shareholder or the tenant has, for example, as part of a renovation changed the surface materials to better ones or installed new parts to the flat, these are not included in the basic level. This is why any modifications or improvements must by insured by a home insurance policy taken out by the shareholder or tenant. 

Owner-customer benefits

If you are our owner-customer and have policies from three product lines, you are entitled to an almost 10% discount on most policies and a discount of nearly 18% on comprehensive motor vehicle insurance with no-claims bonus. If you are aged between 18 and 27, you can get a 21% discount on almost all home and family insurance policies.

Other benefits

  • A 40% increase in the sum insured under life insurance
  • 200-euro benefit of the deductible under MyHome Insurance
  • one-year, free-of-charge life insurance for parents with a child under one year of age

OP bonuses

Owner-members not only get OP bonuses for home, family and vehicle insurance premiums, but also for

  • loans
  • savings and investments
  • funds in accounts
  • purchases you have paid with OP-Visa credit.

OP bonuses are used for the bank’s service charges and insurance premiums.

The insurance is issued by OP Insurance Ltd. OP cooperative banks are acting as OP Insurance Ltd’s representatives.